• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannot find Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duplex loads work fine. I would only use 10 gr real black when I used to do it and it worked just fine. Will save you a bunch vs 35 grains. Now I order like most and have it delivered and am in the pocess of gathering materials to try my hand at........well you know. Need a few more 25% off coupons for my press and tumbler.
Serious question.

What would happen with a 50/50 mix of real black and a substitute?

Would it ignite better and burn better than straight up T7 or Pyro?

Obviously, you'd want to shake the container really well before metering out your charge.

I bought a case of 1.5 Swiss a few shortages ago. Could not tell the difference between it and 2F.
Heck, I was burning it in my .40 some. Good stuff.

This thread is the reason I learned how to make my own powder. Shortages, or plant closures such as what we all experienced with Goex going down, taught me that I can't rely on hoping I can find powder if I want to continue to enjoy my hobby. Same as with lead getting scarce, I made sure I have the means to keep myself supplied.

You
I am seriously thinking about it but being new to this I'm a little nervous to try it if I'm being honest
You tube is your friend in this case . It can be done easily or complicated
.. .. Easy way ,my way , combine ingredients , mill ingredients , 40 hours per pound , mix to dough like consistanty with rubbing alcohol ,push through screen onto cookie tray , spread out to dry in sun , mix every once in awhile , when dry its done ..... Works great . You can add other steps but thats up to.each person to decide . I make my charcoal , but you can buy it , and the other two ingredients can be shipped to your door ....any who .... Best of luck .

Why don't you call the usual US powder places like Graf & sons or Powder Inc and ask them about shipping to Canada?

Why don't you call the usual US powder places like Graf & sons or Powder Inc and ask them about shipping to Canada?
Pretty sure the problem is that once in Canada, they still have to charge insane prices to insure the package. Powder is available in some stores but delivery is the killing factor.

I looked into getting black powder from some stores within Canada and the delivery brings a 60$ pound can into 200$+ with shipping because it's not considered ammo, it's explosives, so it does not fall into the same category.

Pretty sure the problem is that once in Canada, they still have to charge insane prices to insure the package. Powder is available in some stores but delivery is the killing factor.

I looked into getting black powder from some stores within Canada and the delivery brings a 60$ pound can into 200$+ with shipping because it's not considered ammo, it's explosives, so it does not fall into the same category.
I had a quote for just over $400 shipping at one place, its ridiculous! I found a place that's a 5 hour drive away and I was gunna just do a road trip one day, but they just got back to me today actually with a quote of $47 shipping on 2 cans on Schuetzen 3F, so needless to say I jumped on it!

Great deal! Wish I lived closer, would definitely give them a call. Don't think I'll get the same deal all the way here.

Latest posts

Back