• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Accroutments found at thrift stores.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a group of small junk/harware outlets at flea markets and farmer's markets. My favorite is Lou's at the Green Dragon Farmer's MArket in Ephrata PA. I've gotten alot of material and tools for making accessories and tools for making guns and accessories at Lou's. A few months ago, I got a 15 foot roll of 600 grit emery cloth for $3.00. I got some 5/16 brass rod 10 inches long, some wooden handles, screw driver ferrules, and even some nylon plumbing compression fittings. Out of them I made loading/cleaning rods for my muzzleloading pistols. The nylon cone parts of the fittings work just fine as muzzle protectors.

He once had very long shank phllips screw drivers with 3/8 inch shafts. I heated the business end to take out the temper and and threaded it for a round jag that I made for my Winchester 10 ga blank cannon. I even got the cast metal wheels for my cannon's naval carriage at Lou's.

At these places you can get brass escrutchon screws or pins, odd nuts and bolts, etc. In fact the knobs on my back hoe controls were stolen and the replacements came from the old Burkharts metal surplus near Reading. That was a wharehouse of "stuff."

I shop at Lou's myself from time to time.It's only about 45mins from my place. If you need anything you can usually find it at the Green Dragon.

yup Bull...they do have thier ways of jacking up the prices,,,on the other hand even with the jack-ups..LOL...thievery i mean...you can still at times find a decent deal...i bought 2 items w/o reading everything,,,my bad,,,items total...11 bucks...shipping and handling added in 36 bucks total...and no kiss...

God Bless

Lee

At a yard sale this summer a whitney horse blanket and a whitney trade blanket still in the package never used 2 bucks apiece. next stop a orginal wison bucher .25 best yard saling day ever

Just today at a yard sale (yes, Nov. 14th) I found a 100% cotton sheet set of 2 sheets and 4 pillowcases for one dollar. I estimate I can get 7800 cleaning patches from the set. Not that I'm overly frugal.....

We've got three or four "flea market" stores in Ft. Collins, Just got an anvil made from a rail track for $12. Lots of tools, got a hand vise, and some springs I want to make knives. Having a hard time finding a hand-crank forge though. THey want big bucks for those.

Back