• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Quick GOEX Update

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goex filling the Government contracts is no surprise, DoD buys way more powder then then the Muzzleloading community. You need to think of it like the Lake City over runs in the modern cartridge world. Who ever operates the Lake City Ammunition Plant for the Army, Federal-Winchester-. . . . . , they get to make extra ammunition for the public sector after all the government's needs are met.

Only Lake City is Government Owned Contractor Operated, where as for Black Powder it is a private defense contractor's factory.

The 5-inch gun on US Navy Warships is the primary use of the black powder the DoD buys from GOEX. If the GOEX plant blows up or closes it has an impact on the national defense of the United States. Thus buying GOEX ensures their survival and the defense of the US. Thus the reason why government contracts come first.

I have always been a GOEX user, it has been my go to BP. But I will be opening my first pound of Schuetzen.

Last edited:
Goex filling the Government contracts is no surprise, DoD buys way more powder then then the Muzzleloading community. You need to think of it like the Lake City over runs in the modern cartridge world. Who ever operate the Lake City Ammunition Plant for the Army, Federal-Winchester-. . . . . , they get to make extra ammunition for the public sector after all the government's needs are met.

Only Lake City is Government Owned Contractor Operated, where as for Black Powder it is a private defense contractors factory.

The 5-inch gun on US Navy Warships is the primary use of the black powder the DoD buys from GOEX. If the GOES plant blows up or closes it has an impact on the national defense of the United States. Thus buying GOEX ensures their survival and the defense of the US. Thus the reason why government contracts come first.

I have always been a GOEX user, it has been my go to BP. But I will be opening my first pound of Schuetzen.

And with the China tensions rising, those 5 inchers are probably not going to go away anytime soon.

GOEX is the only BP I have ever used. But I will say this much, if they do not support their smaller base customers soon, I will purchase from another source. And when I do, I will no longer need GOEX. I will stock up on enough other powder from another company to do me for a long time.

The defense spending in the USA is never enough for the government. It will never end. in fact, it will get worse.

I bought 8 pounds of Schuetzen this year. I like it better than Goex. I just have small caliber rifles so that should last a couple years I’d think. I only shoot once or twice a week.
There are different brands of BP. This is still a free country. Whatever floats your boat.

Good to see many so fed up they won’t buy GoEx when it’s available Q1 2024
Less wait time for the rest of us.
Still unclear when Olde Eynesford will ship, I’m not thrilled with needing another case of Swi$$

I'll buy GOEX, or whatever is available when I need powder. I still have some left.

These GOEX threads are like the Charlie Brown cartoons where Lucy is holding the football, and then pulls it away just as Charlie Brown is ready to kick. Every time. It was funny at first but has really gotten stale.

How about everybody just waiting with another breaking GOEX update until it actually is available for retail sale?

It doesn't matter if GOEX does start to sell to us little guys....it STILL will NOT be on local shelves, just like Schuetzen and Swiss is not now.
Those who 'can't get' BP now will Still not be able to get BP tomorrow.

Wait; everyone Can get BP now, just that some don't want to (or not allowed to).

Good to see many so fed up they won’t buy GoEx when it’s available Q1 2024
Less wait time for the rest of us.
Still unclear when Olde Eynesford will ship, I’m not thrilled with needing another case of Swi$$
You mean Q3 2022, or Q1 2023 ? I'm sure the new release date is real this time. Already stocked up on Shuetzen when it was $19 a pound, a bird in the hand........

Due to health issues i have for the first time in my life bought powder. Swiss from Graf's.
still have a quantity of home brew but looking to the future. I hope. if goex comes on the market and is cheaper i will buy some, just because i like to mix things up.
30.00 a pound for swiss was hard to swallow when mine cost me 4.80 a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back