• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Quick GOEX Update

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much BP is used to ignite the charge on a 5 inch gun?? That being considered, where is the US Navy using large quantities of 5 inch shells at this time?? Other than replacing out of date stock possibly or building stocks of ammo, where is the huge demand at this time?? .
Just saying..
I know logistics and supply are complicated but where is the drain?

Good to see many so fed up they won’t buy GoEx when it’s available Q1 2024
Less wait time for the rest of us.
Still unclear when Olde Eynesford will ship, I’m not thrilled with needing another case of Swi$$
Yup, me too. Come Q1 2024 I won't be needing any GOEX because I'll have already stocked up with another brand. :)

Also, no one near here carries BP anyway. So its just as cheap to order it online, pay the HAZMAT, and stock up on another brand.

Last edited:
Just myself here talking, i had 1/2 Lb. of Goex 3 F. In ignorance n needed powder none locally so i bought T7 to tide me over. Since then i have gotten 6 Lbs. of Graf in 3 F at $19 a lb. Its better powder n has faster velocity than Goex. So why would i pay $30 a lb. for Goex & its not even going to be made for us shooters til next year. I will just buy more powder on the shelf n stock up.

Hmmm, let’s see. Uncle Sam was necessarily involved in the “saving” of Goex. Does anyone suppose that just might involve a contract of some sort requiring Goex to fill their orders first?
I’m guessing that might be the case so lighten up guys.
History has taught us time and again, (WWI and WWII), that government need for national defense comes first.
I might add that if Goex went away a certain muddle-minded administration may just ban the importation of explosives. Goodbye to Swiss and Schuetzen if that happens. Then we could all hang our muzzleloaders on the wall for good. Be patient, and hope for the best in all things. For now, get black powder wherever you can. Cheers to Swiss and Schuetzen for filling the gap!
Happy fourth of July to all and in spite of Obummer, our nation is Extraordinary!
Snooterpup

Hmmm, let’s see. Uncle Sam was necessarily involved in the “saving” of Goex. Does anyone suppose that just might involve a contract of some sort requiring Goex to fill their orders first?
History has taught us time and again, (WWI and WWII), that government need for national defense comes first.
I might add that if Goex went away a certain muddle-minded administration may just ban the importation of explosives. Goodbye to Swiss and Schuetzen if that happens. Then we could all hang our muzzleloaders on the wall for good. Be patient, and hope for the best in all things. For now, get black powder wherever you can. Cheers to Swiss and Schuetzen for filling the gap!
Happy fourth of July to all and in spite of Obummer, our nation is Extraordinary!
Snooterpup
One of the latest Anti-Gun Bill's currently in the Senate DOES say (and I paraphrase as it's been months since reading it):

No ammunition 50cal and up.
No foriegn made ammo.

I am sure they will attach that to such things as powder and propellants too.

Snooterpup
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they would have taken care of the government first regardless. Just like some of the ammo companies, it’s the big government orders first. They don’t give two hoots about the little guy. It’s all about the money. I don’t owe GOEX anything. If they don’t want to supply us with their product then I will gladly spend my money elsewhere. I don’t shoot all that much so I’ll stock up enough to last me a life time.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they would have taken care of the government first regardless. Just like some of the ammo companies, it’s the big government orders first. They don’t give two hoots about the little guy. It’s all about the money. I don’t owe GOEX anything. If they don’t want to supply us with their product then I will gladly spend my money elsewhere. I don’t shoot all that much so I’ll stock up enough to last me a life time.
I could not agree more. I wish Estes/Goex the best but, their 'little guy' customer base is slipping away quickly.

There seems to be a lot of bad vibs against Estes on not getting Goex back on line. First, it wasn't their fault Hodgden quit. Estes bought the rights what, about a year after Hodgdon jumped ship? Secondly, there had to be a plethora of equipment upgrades. Add to it, the safety factors that they can produce powder without blowing up seems logical to me. I don't want to get into where government regulations and approvals comes into place.
Personally, I have a bigger beef against Hogden.

Last edited:
It sounds like the little guys are almost ready to start a boycott before the manufacturer even can get product out to the stores.

There seems to be a lot of bad vibs against Estes on not getting Goex back on line. First, it wasn't their fault Hodgden quit. Estes bought the rights what, about a year after Hodgdon jumped ship? Secondly, there had to be a plethora of equipment upgrades. Add to it, the safety factors that they can produce powder without blowing up seems logical to me. I don't want to get into where government regulations and approvals comes into place.
Personally, I have a bigger beef against Hogden.
I hold no ill will against Estes. Hodgdon should be hanged at sunrise. Nor am I or anyone else calling for a boycott. That said, Estes is loosing future customers by the day. Even if they can only 'dribble' out a few pounds here and there for the 'little guy' it would be worth the effort. Everyday that goes by without Goex being available for sale means someone else bought Swiss/Shuetzen. And likely won't go back to Goex again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back