• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Quick GOEX Update

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The workers all went off to new jobs. It takes awhile to adequately train new workers. After following the Goex plant explosions over the decades i'm not sure Goex ever had fully trained workers. The 2011 blast happened after some bozo threw floor sweepings into the batch.

i can't blame Hodgdon for selling the blown up plant. Hodgdon may have tired of re-building the plant after explosions.

Who is training the new black powder plant workers? If anyone other than employees of an operational black powder plant is training those workers, the chance of another kaboom is much greater.

I have no idea how good the new Goex would be. I know what the old Goex did, now that i need a decent budget powder Graf/Schuetzen gets my funds. I may shoot a pound up every year, so if i buy another 10-12 lbs. I have enough to last me til i am in my early 90's if i live that long.

I have no idea how good the new Goex would be. I know what the old Goex did, now that i need a decent budget powder Graf/Schuetzen gets my funds. I may shoot a pound up every year, so if i buy another 10-12 lbs. I have enough to last me til i am in my early 90's if i live that long.
I've shot 2.5 pounds of FFG in the last 3 days. A pound during the worst weather might last me a month. The last 3 days have been consumed by 3 to 4 dram loads in a ten gauge. Goex can't come back on market soon enough.

A chronograph will tell everyone how good the new GOEX is compared to other black powders.

Ball speeds don't lie.

I might have to give up the hobby befire i start. I have no caps or powder and no store near me has any. Im going to check out some places to.orrow but i dont think ill find any.

I might have to give up the hobby befire i start. I have no caps or powder and no store near me has any. Im going to check out some places to.orrow but i dont think ill find any.
You can make your own caps from kits at 22LR Reloader and order powder from Graf & Sons, or Powder Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back