• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex. Is it still being made in 2024

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have not been around for a good while due to illness in our family, but now I am back.
I have been busy in my time as an invalid and am writing a booklet specifically for Aussie Black Powder/ Muzzleloading conditions.
In the booklet I would like to mention Goex but here is little point if it is not made anymore.

Powder and caps are in short supply ,hard to get and by golly are they expensive.

In June 23 I had to buy some RWS #11 caps and paid $110 for 500. They now are sold in 250 packs. Thats $22 per 100.

In Australia all I can buy is Wano Black powder which comes in Kilos - thats 2.2.lbs It cost $175Au /kg plus huge hazmat fees. I am preparing to drive 300 miles and buy it direct from the distributor to save on the hazmat fees.
Goex is just not available here and no word if or when or even how much when it gets here,if ever.

What is the current status of the Goex black powder product. First I read they are shutting down then later no it is being not made but may be later.

If any of you blokes can shed some light on this subject I will be grateful to you.

Thanks guys

I think they must fill government contracts first. There are several threads on this subject, mostly negative in tone.

I bought some Goex a couple of months ago after being "out of stock" for MANY months.

Full Article Here....

"The Department of Defense (DOD) announced today seven awards totaling $192.5 million through the Defense Production Act Investments (DPAI) Program to establish domestic manufacturing capabilities for critical chemicals.

"These critical chemical investments show the National Defense Industrial Strategy in action to ensure resilient supply chains and promote economic deterrence," said Dr. Laura Taylor-Kale, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Industrial Base Policy. "The awards will result in the domestic production of military grade chemicals by establishing, expanding, and modernizing the manufacturing capacity of 22 critical chemicals used in defense systems, including non-energetic chemicals and precursors for both energetic and non-energetic chemicals."

DPAI generated this funding opportunity to incentivize companies to produce these essential chemicals domestically. Each of the companies receiving an award has demonstrated the ability to meet the minimum required production amounts of one or more of these chemicals using flexible, efficient, modern, and environmentally responsible manufacturing practices. In addition, these chemicals have multiple applications in the commercial sector, including but not limited to market segments like pharmaceuticals, consumer products, agriculture, automotive, and energy. The diversity of potential buyers will help maintain the long-term sustainability of this investment........

• Goex/Estes Energetics was awarded a $13.0 million contract to establish production of seven oxidizers used in energetic formulations (barium nitrate, potassium chlorate, potassium nitrate, potassium perchlorate, strontium nitrate, strontium oxalate, and strontium peroxide) and a muzzle suppressant (potassium sulfate). Production will occur in Camp Minden, LA.

Latest posts

Back