• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex Upsetting Dealers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Too-Tall

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Rumor has it Goex has upset many of their vendors/dealers by not stocking them up first before deciding to sell powder direct to customers at Friendship, at a lower price then most dealers sell it for. As a business owner I understand the small business owners being upset as you always take care of your dealers first. I think Goex screwed the pooch here. The customers at Friendship were buying it up in large quantities too, thus eliminating the need to buy powder from the dealers once it's in their stock.
I personally didn't buy any while I was there as my guns loves Schuetzen.

I don't know the exact dealings that went on at Friendship all I know it was like $24 a pound and was around 1800 pounds worth delivered at start of the event. Someone else might have better insight on it.

I see nothing wrong with them selling powder there and can see them making a we’re back statement there as that is probably the largest gathering of their customer base. I would expect that the large distributors like graf will probably be selling it even cheaper and your local shop if you are lucky enough to have one that sells it will be selling it substantially higher per pound. Just like things always have been.

When was the last time ‘current’ production Goex powder was available? 1800 pounds, say 5 pounds per customer, that 360 customers. Don’t see it as a big deal other than getting a new manufacturer’s powder out there to wet the appetite of some pent up customers’ demands. Dribble it out to individual dealers and it’s no big story.

I read in another post somewhere you had to be a member of NMLRA to buy the GOEX. If I have to be a member of an organization to buy powder, I'll stick with my Schuetzen and Swiss.
Love or hate the NMLRA, what’s the big deal at a NMLRA event partnering up with a manufacturer to sell powder and memberships? Kind of like the price of admission to play, with both parties winning.

Love or hate the NMLRA,
You get me wrong, I don't have a love or hate for the organization! That's the issue with the typed word! Guess it did come off a bit sideways. I'll delete my post as I think I miss understood the issue.

I bought 6 3f's while I was there, the owner Karl K was hanging out at the magazine to greet folks and thank them for their purchase. I was literally down to my last horn full of Goex and dreading the transition to Swiss or Schuetzen in my rifles, I do use Schuetzen in my trade gun. At $24 a pound for Goex I'm sure the NMLRA was keeping a few dollars on each can.

"Rumor has it..."

Why are you spreading a RUMOR?

If the NMLRA can buy 1800 lbs, they are a de facto distributor. They had a major event scheduled, it was in the interests of both GOEX and the NMLRA to make geting powder to Friendship a priority.

Your post contributes nothing positive to GOEX, the NMLRA, or the hobby.

Friendship shooters always were able to buy powder at the national shoots . I used to shoot there in the 70’s and bought powder while I was there for $3.50 lb. Benefit of being a member and it encouraged members to come to Friendship to shoot. I lived fairly close at the time and enjoyed shopping traders row, shooting the matches and saving a little on the powder. Nobody cared about NMLRA selling powder all these years and I don’t see a problem with them continuing the tradition.

Plenty of powder available now by mail order and when distributors like Grafs offer free shipping and no hazmat, I don’t understand why so many folks complain about not being able to buy powder. Accept that prices are going to stay close to current prices and stock up when you see deals come up - you have to always be on the lookout for deals :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back