• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A new $200 insurance delivery fee????????????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another indicator here. No one has CCI caps. CCI has even said they will not be available until this fall based on a report on this forum from a member that had talked to their rep at the NRA show.

You say the company is legit??? Why are you holding back the name of the company then. I'm about 100% sure you have been scammed our of your cap cash.
I was wrong, dead wrong. I got taken big time for the caps, but not for the insurance fee. If I didn't know what I know now, I would probably do it again. The website was amazing. Fooled this old man:mad:
Read the 6:32 today's reply above.
Larry

Just all kinds of red flags as already indicated.

You plan on buying a thing related to BP shooting and you are not familiar with the business or suspect they may be scamming...ALWAYS ASK HERE FIRST!

We have collected here probably the largest group of historical BP enthusiasts you are likely to ever find. Someone has the lowdown. We share information openly and are helpful to each other. This group knows where the good suppliers can be found.

I got scammed a couple of years ago by a site that looked absolutely like the companiy’s site. Payment was by credit card but flipped over to PayPal and i got scammed. I suspect you got a fake site for a legit company. I now only use a credit card for payment so I have recourse if the site is a scammer. No paypal, Zelle, Venmo.
Jump on your CC company and tell them the situation. They may refund you your purchase and get after the company.

I want to check with the gang here.
I ordered some CCI caps on line from a reputable large firearms company. The order and shipping was prepaid via Zelle and the order was sent yesterday with email of the tracking number.
Not having a specific delivery date, I plugged in the number and got the latest info: Order on hold until $200 is given to the shipper for refundable insurance. NO WAY am I going to pay even if it is refundable. I contacted the company I purchased the caps from and they said that this new $200 insurance charge was just added, like yesterday. I can't believe they would pull something like this and expect a customer to pay without having knowledge up front when the order is placed. OK here is my question: Have any of the USA members here had to deal with a $200 refundable delivery insurance? If it is a scam, it could be the delivery service, but I am 99% sure the company I purchase the caps from is legit. Not too sure of their customer service though.
Larry
I have never heard of such a thing. It certainly sounds like a scam to me.

It's too bad that relatively small transactions don't justify the expense and hassle of a letter of credit. American business learned long ago that deadbeat, third world governments and businesses could only be dealt with this way.

To add to the problem, the biggest legit on-line sellers actually seem to use questionable paying methods as leverage against buyers. If you use a non approved method to purchase items they will not provide any protection and may even disable BUYERS accounts based on violations.

Almost every communication notice via one well known site bears this warning in bright red type:

"----------.com prohibits using Venmo, Zelle, Cash App, Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal Friends and Family (PPFF), or any person-to-person cash payment application"

Seems scammers are of some use after all.

I contacted the Black Powder retailers listed in Muzzle Blast magazine yesterday to see if anyone had a decent price on 3f buy the case. Most of them have it in stock but the prices remain around $23 and up per lb. No discounts on bulk. The very best deal around is Powder Valley! In the past month it's been marked down to $19+change per lb. And yes I'm aware that's not great but it's the best around at this time.

For ones following this thread:

Omaha sent me links to the company and their shipping company last night. After searching through both websites, they are both a sham and WILL scam you.

I was given permission by the OP to pass out the following information.

Heads up on the following:

www.Hunter-Precision.com

http://global-logistic-shipping.com

Be warned! And spread the news. Don’t let yourself be scammed by the scum!!
I went to their website, a pop up asked me if I had a question. I said yes, I hear this is a scam site. ……..No response.

I want to check with the gang here.
I ordered some CCI caps on line from a reputable large firearms company. The order and shipping was prepaid via Zelle and the order was sent yesterday with email of the tracking number.
Not having a specific delivery date, I plugged in the number and got the latest info: Order on hold until $200 is given to the shipper for refundable insurance. NO WAY am I going to pay even if it is refundable. I contacted the company I purchased the caps from and they said that this new $200 insurance charge was just added, like yesterday. I can't believe they would pull something like this and expect a customer to pay without having knowledge up front when the order is placed. OK here is my question: Have any of the USA members here had to deal with a $200 refundable delivery insurance? If it is a scam, it could be the delivery service, but I am 99% sure the company I purchase the caps from is legit. Not too sure of their customer service though.
Larry

THIS is a new variation on the old Fake Website Scam. Thanks for sharing ; sorry you got taken.

LD

I ordered some CCI caps on line from a reputable large firearms company.

What reputable firearms company has pay by Zelle?
If the seller does not offer credit card payment this is a major red flag.

Exactly!!!!

Before ordering from a site you've never used before check them out with the Better Business Bureau. This business does not have the blessing of the BBB:

"Most Recent Customer Review

anon.svg

Chris H

1 star
05/11/2023
Same issue as the other person. Days after the order the fake shipper calls and wants $300.00 more for shipping. It's a scam"

Last edited:
YES I'M YELLING!
NEVER EVER ORDER UNLESS YOU CAN SPEAK WITH A LIVE PERSON AT A REAL BUSINESS!

NEVER EVER ORDER UNLESS YOU HAVE ACTUAL ADDRESS AND THEY ARE ONE OF THE MAJOR SUPPLIERS!

NEVER EVER ORDER VIA PAYPAL,ZELLE, ECT.

I swear some of you shouldn't own guns!

Back