• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

UPS lost 2 - 1 lb containers of Old Ensford 3f Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walk into UPS and loudly ask if they are going to find your missing shipment of explosives.
That should get their attention.

wm

Or make a call to their regional corporate office and blatantly ask the same question and point out the liability that rests on them for misplacing an explosive...

I did think that it was fedex that ships it though. I know usps won't. If it happened that ups policy does not allow shipment of black powder then it could explain the disappearance... quick cease of handling...i would expect that midway, being a reputable and proper business though, would be aware of this and wouldn't be shipping via ups in the first place if this was the case...

Last edited:
"New Congressional Law passed by the Biden Admin. I would have to pay $ 100 to take a "hazmat" class and get certified to ship Black Powder,"
Really? This has been in existence for years. Not terribly practical for an individual, but not over regulatory for a business. The business sets their own Hazmat "recovery" fee. The more shipping they do, the lower they can afford to set their fee. I have a company I buy chemicals from to clean ovens with . They want to charge $135 hazmat fee. I usually tell them they are crazy and drive down and pick it up myself. I am in charge of our club's bulk purchasing. I have seen from $10 to $35 hazmat charged for powder shipments from various distributors.

2 - 1 lb containers of Old Ensford 3f Black Powder
After reporting the "missing 2- 1 lb containers to both UPS and Midway USA I kept watching the tracking # and saw something being shipped from Colorado on Nov 7th with same tracking # as the original containers. Today 2 containers of the above arrived.
I thought that it would not be found or new bottles would be shipped.
Still do not know if these were the lost BP or if Midway sent new BP
Jim

2 - 1 lb containers of Old Ensford 3f Black Powder
After reporting the "missing 2- 1 lb containers to both UPS and Midway USA I kept watching the tracking # and saw something being shipped from Colorado on Nov 7th with same tracking # as the original containers. Today 2 containers of the above arrived.
I thought that it would not be found or new bottles would not be shipped.
Still do not know if these were the lost BP or if Midway sent new BP
Jim
Midway just confirmed I received the original shipment
WOW
Jim

Last edited:
There's a reason why dealers don't use regular UPS for modern gun transportation; the big city hubs seemed to 'lose' them so often, they now require overnight expensive air shipping or some such thing.

We all know there is a serious problem obtaining black powder. All things considered I really think this forum should revise the restrictions about the making of black powder. There is no taboo or hazard with talking about making black powder. Let the forum know how you feel. Mods please don't delete this post it's important.

I see the internet experts are hard at it.

The USDOT regulates the shipping and transportation of hazardous materials like black powder, not ATF. Black powder is allowed to be classified as a flammable solid, for sporting arms purposes. The black powder you received from the shipper was not classified as an explosive, I would bet a lot of money on that.

Black powder is a 1.1D explosive, with the exception of being able to reclassify it to a flammable solid for sporting arms purpose. The ability to reclassify it is huge for us. There is a lot more requirements for a company transporting a 1.1 explosive. Unless something has changed, UPS will not transport a 1.1 explosive.

Everyone that introduces a hazardous material into commerce must have hazardous materials training at least once every 3 years. Has nothing to specifically to do with black powder. This has been required for quite a few years now and has nothing to do with Uncle Joe.

We dont need hazardous materials in commerce being transported or shipped by people that do not know what they are doing.

Explosives labels are orange. flammable solids are red and white.

1674916152783.png

1674916190574.png

Fleener

Back