• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Midwest Powders-BE WARNED!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Though I was not diligent, Midwest Powders is a scam. First you must buy $200 then what I thought was a bit much, was they go through PAYPAL but it ends up going to a personal account. DO NOT ORDER from them. They said I would get a refund and have received nothing. PayPal and my CC was not able to procure a refund. Find a more reputable company!!! My mistake but just a FYI for all my Blackpowder Brothers and Sisters out there.

Last edited:
Though I was not diligent, Midwest Powders is a scam. First you must buy $200 then what I thought was a bit much, was they go through PAYPAL but it ends up going to a personal account. DO NOT ORDER from them. They said I would get a refund and have received nothing. PayPal and my CC was not able to procure a refund. Find a more reputable company!!! My mistake but just a FYI for all my Blackpowder Brothers and Sisters out there.
The fact that they list, as of May 17, 2023 GOEX BP as "in stock" when we all know it isn't yet, anywhere, is a huge RED FLAG 🚩

LD

It's astonishing that people are still falling for this. There needs to be a sticky post or something.

If they want PayPal Friends and Family, Venmo, Zelle, or any other electronic means of payment where there is no buyer recourse, and don't take credit cards, it is 99.9% certain it's a scam.
Agreed. Also, if it is on this Forum, I won't bite unless they have been a member for a year with a reasonable number of posts. Also, I will never use a money order. Too much hassle if it goes missing.

There are so many BP and caps scammers out there. Always review any vendor you are not familiar with before ordering. My general rule for anything. Then to save time in the future I keep a list of the scammers. Many times they will use the name of a reputable company with just a slight change in the name or web address. It doesn't take long to develop a sense of IDing the fake sites on first look.

Is there a way to "Google Map/similar thing" the street address? I'm largely computer challenged, but enjoy seeing the satellite/whatever images of locations scammers use.

Thanks for posting this, by the way. I'll stick to Graf's (in-person) for powder.

Is there a way to "Google Map/similar thing" the street address? I'm largely computer challenged, but enjoy seeing the satellite/whatever images of locations scammers use.

Thanks for posting this, by the way. I'll stick to Graf's (in-person) for powder.

Click on the blue address in the box in post #6. It brings up what appears to be a recreational area.

Their phone number listed is a Massachusetts area code, but their physical address listed is in Florida. That should be a huge red flag on its own. Nothing on the internet is true until you do the legwork yourself to figure out if it's true. Or as I like to say, figure out if you're talking to a dog. As internet access becomes more widespread across the globe there seems to have been a large increase in dogs.

Attachments

• internet dog.png
    internet dog.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the Heads Up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back