• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A new $200 insurance delivery fee????????????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered what Zelle was, and found out that my DIL law uses Venmo. PayPal was another choice, but would not work for guns or ammo. I use a bank in Omaha that has been around longer than me. They have Zelle right on their app. Zelle is OK, but not if you are dealing with a crook. It don't look good at this point, but I am not at the end of the road yet.
Larry
Sure hope you get your money back. Crazy world now.

Please people, do your homework to keep these scum bags from stealing your hard earned money! NEVER order from unknown sites. Order with a credit card so you have a way to get a refund. Google is your friend, search for reviews even if the site looks legit. And remember if it looks to be too good to be true it often is.
I hope you get your $ back and if you don’t feel good about saving the additional $200 you didn’t send. Any way you can get your $ back from Zelle? Please post the site you ordered from.

Last edited:
For ones following this thread:

Omaha sent me links to the company and their shipping company last night. After searching through both websites, they are both a sham and WILL scam you.

I was given permission by the OP to pass out the following information.

Heads up on the following:

www.Hunter-Precision.com

http://global-logistic-shipping.com

Be warned! And spread the news. Don’t let yourself be scammed by the scum!!

I want to check with the gang here.
I ordered some CCI caps on line from a reputable large firearms company. The order and shipping was prepaid via Zelle and the order was sent yesterday with email of the tracking number.
Not having a specific delivery date, I plugged in the number and got the latest info: Order on hold until $200 is given to the shipper for refundable insurance. NO WAY am I going to pay even if it is refundable. I contacted the company I purchased the caps from and they said that this new $200 insurance charge was just added, like yesterday. I can't believe they would pull something like this and expect a customer to pay without having knowledge up front when the order is placed. OK here is my question: Have any of the USA members here had to deal with a $200 refundable delivery insurance? If it is a scam, it could be the delivery service, but I am 99% sure the company I purchase the caps from is legit. Not too sure of their customer service though.
Larry
Never, I mean NEVER, buy anything using Zelle unless you positively know who you are buying from, and then don’t do it! It’s like sending cash and you can’t get it back. Once you push send it’s GONE.
I got careless using it from sending my grandkids money every month and made a stupid gun purchase mistake. Just like that my money vanished and the guy kept telling me I’d get my refund in a couple weeks, then he quit taking my calls.
The website was completely stolen from other legitimate FFL dealers. I contacted the legit company and they were unaware and going to try and take action.
The company called itself “The Pistol Gun Shop” in Orlando, FL.
This is a totally fraudulent business that will take your money and not deliver or return your money then not take your calls or respond to emails after he has defrauded you. The website is skillfully crafted listing another totally different gun dealer's physical address as well as stolen photos from other gun stores websites. Stay away it's a scam.

Last edited:
You say the company is legit??? Why are you holding back the name of the company then. I'm about 100% sure you have been scammed our of your cap cash.
Check dusty's post just a few minutes ago.

Purchased a ramrod on amazon, wrong product arrived, got authorization to send back, sent back and got acknowledgment of receipt and shipment back to ?, said they never got it, dinged my credit card. Still in the process with Costco Citi Visa, they are not backing this bogus charge! Even CC,s are iffy now! PO'd to say the least not only with amazon but Citi.

As a side note, had a BP go wrong on Gumbooooker, seems when it gets down to it, they will restrict a account if there are enough fraudulent charges made against a seller, this was a FFL in Texas that sat on his thumbs. Meanwhile they continue on......scarey now! Lots of wolves out there

Last edited:
I must say I am bummed out about all the negative Zelle talk. I have never used it, but my new Bank (Willamette Valley) offers it for free. I thought of it as a way to bypass Paypal, which I do not like. Looks like back to the old money orders for me!

You have to do a google search on the website before you buy things. It takes a second and will instantly tell you whether it’s a scam or not.

The Zelle or PayPal “friends and family” payment options are almost 100% indicators of a scam.

There is almost zero chance of recovering the payment. I cannot believe how many of these sites exist when you type in “CCI #11 primers”.

You have to be careful and cautious. If you are unsure don’t do it. Sorry this happened to you.

SR1

Zelle isn't the problem, I use it regularly for transactions with people I know and it is handy has heck, it works exactly like it is supposed to. I also use it with people I don't know, say I am standing in front of you and we negotiate a price on something, I can Zelle you and you can hand me the item and we are both happy and the transaction is complete in 5 seconds, again it works exactly like it is supposed to.

PayPal F&F is exactly the same situation as Zelle, use it where you are certain you aren't getting boned, otherwise use something else. PayPal is way woke, consider other options when you can.

AMEX is way woke, consider a new card if you use it.

Latest posts

Back