• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yet Another New Guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossyrock

36 Cal.
Reaction score
While I am new to this forum, I have been shooting traditional muzzleloaders for a good share of my life. Due to a divorce, an overseas military deployment and other stuff, I have been away from the sport for a while. But, there is a match this Sunday and I fully intend to go out, have fun and probably embarrass myself. I haven't seriously shot my flinter in almost two years. I got my shooting stuff together last night, lubed some patches and made sure I had enough round ball (good thing, since I can't find my mold...) and did some steady-hold dry firing exercises. Dang, but this rifle got heavy over the last couple of years!! I can see this is going to take some work!
Anyway, at the moment I am more interested in the shooting end of the sport and not the reeacting so much. That may change as I hope to attend a couple of Rondies this Summer. Since my primary rifle is a Dave Motto-build Dickert .50, I suppose I need to go buy a waist-coat and a tri-corn hat.....
Great forum...thanks for having me. :redthumb:

Mossyrock
The Great Pacific Northwest

Welcome to the forum and back to Muzzleloading. The skills come back..., eventually. :haha:

Mossyrock,
welcome to the forum glad to have
you with us. lots of friendly folks here :imo:
hope you will join in and contribute whenever
you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup: :) :peace: :)

Mossyrock : A Big Welcome To The Camp !!

You have found the Best place on the web, that has
to do with Muzzleloaders and everything that goes
with them. There's alot of folks here that can help
if you have any questions. Just make sure you have a
soft chair. Once you get started into reading about
Black Powder, you just can't seem to stop.
Good Luck with your shoot on Sunday.
Again, Welcome to the Forum !! Mtn-Man2u :)

Hi Mossyrock. Go out and have fun on Sunday. Who cares about score? Camaraderie & Fun first!

Gary

MR,

Welcome to TMF, and prepare yourself for a fun & informative time!

:thumbsup:

Lehigh County, propa longarms.

Howdy Mossyrock - Welcome aboard and have a great time shooting.

IM jaybe :thumbsup:

Back