• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireTurtle75

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, I've been lurking for long enough. I grew up hunting & shooting BP since I was a kid. It' has been a good while since I have done any of it though. I grew up doing fur trade era living history stuff with my family. We were heavily involved in FCF in the 80's & 90's & My dad was involved with the AMM when I was little & was also an NMLRA instructor. He used to build them & trade them off cheap or give them away to young folks trying to get involved in reenactment & muzzleloading. Most of my dad's valuable stuff was sold off or given away after he passed 2 years ago, but I got some of the scraps of muzzleloaders parts that were left over & have most of what I need to piece back together 4 or 5 of them including the one I shot my first deer with as a kid. So I'm trying to rebuild & restore what's left for me to use & so I can teach my own offspring units like he taught me & many others.

Welcome from NW of the Houston area! Sounds like you have a labor of love in store, and should get all the help you need here... just ask!

I don't mean me, tho. I know nothing. Ask the general forum population... lots of knowledge here.

Hello, I've been lurking for long enough. I grew up hunting & shooting BP since I was a kid. It' has been a good while since I have done any of it though. I grew up doing fur trade era living history stuff with my family. We were heavily involved in FCF in the 80's & 90's & My dad was involved with the AMM when I was little & was also an NMLRA instructor. He used to build them & trade them off cheap or give them away to young folks trying to get involved in reenactment & muzzleloading. Most of my dad's valuable stuff was sold off or given away after he passed 2 years ago, but I got some of the scraps of muzzleloaders parts that were left over & have most of what I need to piece back together 4 or 5 of them including the one I shot my first deer with as a kid. So I'm trying to rebuild & restore what's left for me to use & so I can teach my own offspring units like he taught me & many others.
Welcome from East Texas. Sounds like you have a lot of interesting / fun time ahead of you.

Latest posts

Back