• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Will my aussie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
My toy Australian shepherd which weighs over 25 lb.lol. She loves to chase squirrels to a tree and almost catches them. Once at the tree she just turns and walks away. Still might give me time for a shot. I have no idea how to teach her to stay at the tree and circle to make the squirrel move around tree. I would love to squirrel hunt with a dog.

Her name is Josie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221114-112507_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221114-112507_Gallery.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
My toy Australian shepherd which weighs over 25 lb.lol. She loves to chase squirrels to a tree and almost catches them. Once at the tree she just turns and walks away. Still might give me time for a shot. I have no idea how to teach her to stay at the tree and circle to make the squirrel move around tree. I would love to squirrel hunt with a dog.
Best dogs in the world! We have a 12 year old blue merle Shadow. Our Tri color Aussie/border mix Harley passed 3 years ago at 10. He was the smartest dog I have ever seen. Once in a lifetime pet.

They are herding dogs, so they like to keep moving and have a mind of their own. Our two worked well together to catch anything that moved after they rounded it up.

_storage_3132-3633_DCIM_Camera_20180324_165556.jpeg

This Gus our Red Merle Aussie. It is boys day out at the farm playing Frisbee in the mud. He is the best dog we have ever had. Very well behaved, fun, smart, never been any trouble and a Frisbee machine. Not good for much else though.

Don

Had a little wire haired terrier as a kid. Took great offense at the existence of squirrels and would tree them then run around and around the tree howling maniacally. Once I shot the squirrel, he’d settle down seeing that justice had been done to the evil squirrel. Useful sort of dog, he’d find grouse and put them up. He didn’t point and you’d need to keep up but he’d also find them where they hit the ground ( which is damned difficult in the thick brush where they live).

Back