• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who makes this BP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First I've heard of that brand. My only question would be if it's actually real black powder. At first you would think so, but if you dissect the labelling...

"American Black Powder, Inc." - The name of the company. It doesn't necessarily indicate anything about what's in the can. They could make car tires under that name if they wanted to.

"Propellant for Black Powder Firearms" - Could be real black or could be a substitute. Taken by itself, that labelling sounds to me like a substitute.

"Proudly made in the USA" - It seems like if another blackpowder mill opened in the US they'd make a bigger deal about it and it would be big news. I think if it is real blackpowder and they're making it in the US then they're missing the opportunity to make announcements and promote the brand on forums like this one. It would be big news to us.

The side label isn't clear in that picture, maybe it would shed some light on it.

I really do hope it's real black powder and another domestic source has opened up, but I'm skeptical. If I had to guess one way or another, I'd guess it's a substitute marketed under a creative brand name to allude to it being blackpowder without actually saying such. I hope I'm wrong though.

Edit: Well I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong... it doesn't happen often (Unless you ask my wife) but this looks like this might be one of those times based on this thread: PA making BP
@ftg99 , can you fill us in?

Last edited:
Belding and Mull was a powder measure manufacturer at one time, this appears to be an attempt to capitalize on that name I believe.
But seeing as how so few have heard of the original powder measure?????

This is being discussed in several other threads where someone involved witht he company is responging. ftg99 is the person involved with the company and the main thread it was discussed is PA making BP. Search it and you should see most of your questions answered. ALso Testing new brand of Black Powder thread where someone shot and posted about shooting the new powder.

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/beldingandmull
I don't have FB. Someone that does might read the comments on the pic of the BP. Maybe ask them if it's real BP or sub.
According to them it's real black.
1689289949888.png

Back