• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

There is an American company producing black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guy's need some serious help with your web site.
1st. don't call it a propellant.
2nd. don't use the Tank, that implies your supplying military, and it's an insult.
3. call it black powder and present yourself as someone that's making black powder for us
4. Provide information that you ARE making traditional Black Powder with traditional black powder components

Other than that it's a "Propellant", big strong tanks, can't ship,, no contact available,,, and you wonder why it's a mystery?
It's not,, you guy's are.
Gimme some, I'll try it and let ya know.
Why is the tank and supplying the military a insult?

Exactly as @BoomStick says, reference to the tank infers they supply military.
I'm sure they don't, they might be trying or have submited application to do so,, but it will be years before they get a military contract
I do understand and agree, just thrown off by the word insult. Didn't understand the usage in connection with the whole situation. Not a big deal. Just wondering.

I know this is an older thread but, I shot some of the American black powder today. I liked it. Seems cleaner than Schuetzen. I did not have the fouling that I have been fighting for a while. To be fair, it was in a smoothbore. Point of impact seems to be the same. I used the same charge as Schuetzen and Goex from before. Sure seemed like black powder to me. Only thing I noticed is that it seems dusty. Transferring from bottle to horn and then horn to measure, you could see the dust rising up. Possibly less graphite that others? It was also more black compared to the Schuetzen I have which appears more gray. Clean up was easier and quicker. I will be purchasing more next time I am near their shop.

I know this is an older thread but, I shot some of the American black powder today. I liked it. Seems cleaner than Schuetzen. I did not have the fouling that I have been fighting for a while. To be fair, it was in a smoothbore. Point of impact seems to be the same. I used the same charge as Schuetzen and Goex from before. Sure seemed like black powder to me. Only thing I noticed is that it seems dusty. Transferring from bottle to horn and then horn to measure, you could see the dust rising up. Possibly less graphite that others? It was also more black compared to the Schuetzen I have which appears more gray. Clean up was easier and quicker. I will be purchasing more next time I am near their shop.
Thanks for the report.
Flintlock or caplock?

Darn, I wish I saw this thread a month ago, we just drove by phillipsburg PA. I would have stopped and pick up a pound er 2. I’ll support them, what’s the worst that can happen? I’ve waisted more $ on much more foolish things :)

Latest posts

Back