• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

There is an American company producing black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this helps.
20231218_144633.jpg

I’ve hesitated to post on here but here goes. I bought a pound of 3F couple months ago. I was pretty gung ho to try it as I get through Phillipsburg a couple times a year.

I tried it out in my Kibler smr with 4f in the pan. The prime would flash, powder wouldn’t ignite. After several attempts( and I always prick the touch hole) I was worried I dry balled. Pulled the ball. Nope didn’t dryball. Reloaded. Finally got it to fire a few times. The report was much quieter than I’m used to with Schuetzen or Goex. I was shooting about 6” lower than with the other powders.

I took it to a shoot and tried to get some other guys to try it. But after hearing what happened to me, no one would try it.

Their 3F is finer than Sch or Goex. You’d think it would be livelier but it’s pretty anemic in my opinion.

Hopefully they get it figured out. I’d love to use it but not unless it improves.

I couldn't smell anything from any of them.
These are the measurements I got though. I used a measure that swings across the top so each one would be leveled off the same. I set it to 60 grains just cause that's what it was set to. So 60 grains by volume equals these numbers by weight...
Schuetzen-61.4 gr
New Goex- 54.9 gr
ABP. -47.5 gr

I can't wait to find some , buy some and support them . I dont even care if it isn't the greatest powder in the world . I love using my homemade B.P. and my guess is this stuff is PROBABLY better than my homemade powder ! LOL .... Its American made and made near by in Pennsylvania so ....hopefully I find some soon . I'm excited to use it and support them financially ....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1696644027633.jpg
    FB_IMG_1696644027633.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back