• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

There is an American company producing black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s NOT true black powder. It’s a replacement like Pyrodex.
Why do you think it’s a replacement? Have you seen or used it? I have.
This is the back label

Attachments

• EBF1FC0B-CB5B-4AAA-BCD9-85648444BBC2.jpeg
    EBF1FC0B-CB5B-4AAA-BCD9-85648444BBC2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
As I stated elsewhere, I have my suspicions this is not a true BP and leans more the way of the other subs, One would think the manufacture of the product would follow these sorts of forums and see the discussions on the product and set this to bed either it is true BP or a sub. As the posted pic of the ad states a PROPELLANT why would they not just say BLACK POWDER.
This is the back label from the bottle I have

Attachments

• DED0CE96-C27F-4D74-A143-83E8BAAA3B7E.jpeg
    DED0CE96-C27F-4D74-A143-83E8BAAA3B7E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
He offered my FEL 500 lbs at $13.50 per lib. I would love to do some chronograph testing compared to the schuetzen and swiss I'm currently shooting. No way we are buying bulk without testing first. We shoot compatition so accuracy is the goal.
Friend and I tested it out two weeks again this is what we got

Attachments

• 920EF259-7BE5-41C8-A37A-4ECA8B29401F.jpeg
    920EF259-7BE5-41C8-A37A-4ECA8B29401F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
American Black Powder, Inc.

I just found out about them and they are here in Clearfield County PA. where I live, Apparently they started started a production facility in the last year.
i think its owned or related to Belding and Mull.
It’s actually in Centre County. And yes it’s Belding and Mull

bought these at Walmart a few years ago

Attachments

• 20230714_173945.jpg
    20230714_173945.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230714_173931.jpg
    20230714_173931.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Not sure what on that label makes you think this is black powder, and not a propellant like Pyrodex.

The three ingredients listed on the back label are KNO3 (potassium nitrate), C7H4O (charcoal) and S (sulfur). Those are the 3 ingredients of black powder.

The first line of that same label reads: "This canister contains black powder"

Propellant: (from Oxford Languages) a substance that propels something
Doesn't black powder propel objects? Is it wrong to call black powder a propellant given this definition?

Isn't all that proof that it is indeed black powder?

Last edited:
It is a real Black powder
You guy's need some serious help with your web site.
1st. don't call it a propellant.
2nd. don't use the Tank, that implies your supplying military, and it's an insult.
3. call it black powder and present yourself as someone that's making black powder for us
4. Provide information that you ARE making traditional Black Powder with traditional black powder components

Other than that it's a "Propellant", big strong tanks, can't ship,, no contact available,,, and you wonder why it's a mystery?
It's not,, you guy's are.
Gimme some, I'll try it and let ya know.

So per the 3 ingrediants I am buying onto the black powder crowd. I dont kow about the quality but I will try some asap. Anyone know how to obtain some out west? Likley not gonna happen as there is but one (now rumered to still exist) place to get real BP here in AZ. Anyone know how to get some on line? Cost w/haz mat n freight?

Latest posts

Back