• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Which Kibler Kit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1693701154498.png

Attachments

• 1693701082517.png
    1693701082517.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
Well, that's one of mine, thus putting it in the genius category. I think it was probably the first colonial in the history of the WHOLE WORLD to get set triggers. The other side is nice too.
If there is something cutting edge going on, I probably invented it.
I'm thinking of putting set triggers on my colonial , any problem's involved?

The shortest barrel muzzleloader I have is 42". I hunt with all of them and don't find barrel length to be an issue. Just my .02 cents but any woods I fit through, my rifle will as well. Again this is just my experience.
That’s the way I feel, Theres been to much hype about short barrels and bows ,can I get around the woods with it and will it hinder my shooting, I personally have never had a problem with either short or long if I can get it through the woods with me then it will work for me. Just my two cents.

I'm thinking of putting set triggers on my colonial , any problem's involved?
Nope, just get it in the right position and be prepared to do a patch on either side of the trigger plate from the inlet of the old plate. You can patch it before you inlet the new trigger or after, it makes no difference.

Well, that's one of mine, thus putting it in the genius category. I think it was probably the first colonial in the history of the WHOLE WORLD to get set triggers. The other side is nice too.
If there is something cutting edge going on, I probably invented it.
Not the internet. I invented that with a guy named Hal Gore. Or maybe Al Gore. It was a long time ago. 😬

I think set triggers are overrated. I love a GOOD single trigger that is set up correctly and trips off the sear/tumbler crisply. Set triggers can get you into trouble when hunting and target shooting:thumb:.

Back