• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where to find caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher Jeremy

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody have any good leads as to where I can find #11 percussion caps, everyone seems to be sold out? I know Dixie Gun Works has some they import from Germany, but they want an arm and a leg, plus, the hazardous shipping fee adds even more to the already high cost.

I just bought a can of #10 and #11 caps at the local Sheels store. I paid $5.00 or so for each.

Plentiful here in Iowa.

Graf's has a $15 haz. mat. fee currently if you buy 5 lbs. of black powder. I bought 5 pounds and threw in some Win. percussion caps too.

Patocazador said:
Graf's has a $15 haz. mat. fee currently if you buy 5 lbs. of black powder. I bought 5 pounds and threw in some Win. percussion caps too.
And you only got stuck with one Haz Mat fee?

Lot's of places won't ship primers and powder together in one shipment package so people end up with a fee for each one.

Zonie said:
Patocazador said:
And you only got stuck with one Haz Mat fee?

One $15 haz. mat. fee. I got some ammo, molds, and some accessories too so the total was a bit over $150 and they knocked off the $7.95 handling fee. The $15 haz. mat. was the only thing I paid extra .. no shipping or handling.

Thanks for the Help, I just ordered a handful of tins from Third Generation shooting supply, at 2.99 a tin, I got 15 tins of Remington, adding in the hazard fee, and I'm paying about the same as I would at the store. :grin:

Back