• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several weeks ago - I took in a friend 1851 to work on. Today I took it 1851 back to him after doing a complete overhaul.
It took a couple of weeks to get it back into shooting condition.
It was a very abused gun and had not been shot in at least 30 years. It had some incorrect parts in it that caused it not to function and had been forced and actually broke the hand. It was forced - and that of course - tore up some parts. I replaced the nipples, the trigger, the hand, the bolt, the trigger-bolt spring and spent a couple of hours scrubbing it.
The gun belonged to his great grandfather and had been handed down through the family until it arrived at it's place with a great grandson, but had apparently been very badly treated with some really hard playtime, nail driving, etc.....
It was good to get it back into shooting shape and I saw some real smiles when that first cylinder full went downrange.
It's going to be treated much better now and appreciated as the family heirloom it is.

I lived in Mayfield Ky in the late 60's and never heard of that riverboat. It was a nice little town but I got transferred back to Hopkinsville.

Today I cleaned up a original 12 ga SxS that I got recently, it's not done yet so I'll work on it again tomorrow. I'm soaking the nipples overnight so hopefully they will be easer to remove.

I went and looked at something grand! Steam engines, and diesel engines have not been ran since 1957. The large engine ran machinery, and the ones indoors provided all the electricity. Been a fan of steam power my whole life, and may look to save the big engine.

IMG_4851.JPG
IMG_4848.JPG
IMG_4872.JPG
IMG_4888.JPG

Yesterday 7-13, I took one of COTTON CANDY machines into work on my day off, and made COTTON CANDY for Residents and Staff of the nursing home. Had a resident who is in their late 80s try COTTON CANDY for the first time in their life...they loved it!

Then when I was packing stuff up I tripped and smashed my left wrist. It hurts like crazy, and can barely use that hand. Going to the ER in the morning if it isn't better when I get up. And yes, I worked all day today with it hurting...:doh:
Went to the ER today, sat for 3 hours in the waiting room. Finally got to see a Doctor, then had x-rays done...
I have a hairline fracture of the left wrist. Since I wasn't on the clock when it happened I don't qualify for workman's comp. I have to use my extended sick leave...going to be out for at least 6 weeks!! Time to get caught up and binge Duelist1954 and capandball videos. Can't shoot, fish, play videogames, or do any projects. :mad:

BPMS I miss heard Maysfield and thought you had said Mayfield. Being half deaf don't help sometimes. And as for nightwolf1974, no good deed goes unpunished.

today i cast more .54 real's and Minie's. then shot 10 loads in my .50 hawken as it was looking sad what with all the attention my 54's were getting.
then i knapped a couple points.
fedx came with a barrel for a unmentionable so i installed it. then i went over to the dark side. I shot the unmentionable. first centerfire i have shot in over a year.
just finished a taco salad so its time to clean the Hawken.20210716_141200.jpg

today i cast more .54 real's and Minie's. then shot 10 loads in my .50 hawken as it was looking sad what with all the attention my 54's were getting.
then i knapped a couple points.
fedx came with a barrel for a unmentionable so i installed it. then i went over to the dark side. I shot the unmentionable. first centerfire i have shot in over a year.
just finished a taco salad so its time to clean the Hawken.View attachment 85245
Nothing like shooting a CF.....

The county thinks they are doing me a favor by sending their tractor and mower to cut the ditches if front of my house. I try to get there before they do but sometimes they beat me to it.They don't bother cleaning off the mower deck before making a swath through your ditch. What they are really doing is spreading grassburrs. My little corner of the block has their ditches. So I was busy digging up burrs then mowing.I only spent a couple of hours on it but I'm bushed.
We put up do not mow signs alongside the road. Usually works. Maybe it's the steel sign posts?

Yesterday, went out and did some upgrades to the camper before hunting season. I drag it out to the Greenhorn Wilderness in southern Colorado, use it for a base camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back