• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed that unmentionables have their uses.

My new 54gn (Swiss 2) spout

View attachment 85752

0955 and already too hot to be outside. Where's me book?

We is dyin' up here in the North. North Cambridge, that is. 78F and muggy like crazy. You step outside and it's just like you're walking into a wet dog.

Hold on, there!!!! THUNDER!!!!!!! Sacré tonneur!!!!!! [As my sainted grandmére would say].

as long as we are one upping,
i am in the tail end of a 30 year project. started this cabin when we first landed here. have built and completed 5 others, for ourselves and others, but this one just limps along. have some siding to finish around the second floor. but Momma won't let me up on a ladder or scaffold anymore. fine by me. gives me more time to shoot, knap, and nap! :ghostly:
oh ya! there is that master bath that is still in the planning stage! currently the wood shed.

Received my stock blank from Pecatonica. It came with the top and one side planed and square with each other. Ran it through the surface planer to clean up the other side. Then I laid out the rifle with a pattern I made from a set of TOTW Tennessee rifle plans.

Last edited:
As a newbie, watched some Black Powder TV, and learned a bunch about Flintlocks, powder charges, etc.
Made a ball starter out of deer antler.
Reworked hunting pouch.
Shenandoah .50 caliber was supposed to come in today. Humidity is brutal anyway. Maybe shoot tomorrow.

I lost one of my favorite pocketknifes. I'm pretty sure it was in a city an hour away from here. I will be there tomorrow and we'll see if they have a lost + found department at Sams. But I imagine the finder just stuck it in his pocket and walked out instead of turning it in like some of us would have.

I lost one of my favorite pocketknifes. I'm pretty sure it was in a city an hour away from here. I will be there tomorrow and we'll see if they have a lost + found department at Sams. But I imagine the finder just stuck it in his pocket and walked out instead of turning it in like some of us would have.
I lost a buck ranger I had stuck in a post after gutting rabbits. I went back the next day and it was gone 😭

Finished my Deck…Sorta. Will come back and seal it later.

19ACD252-0120-4754-8773-63D662FC7E70.jpeg
76CE1ECE-8496-40B2-BFB6-409ECE4B6057.jpeg

today i went to town all by myself, with the war departments parting shot ringing in my ears. "don't buy anything and don't take any free junk!"
"yes dear" was my return salvo.
got to my sisters and she had a whole trailer load of jun, ah treasure, sitting there begging for someone to repurpose it!
that filled the back seat. i mean neat stuff like a chunk of broken steel shaft from a hydraulic ram! who could refuse that?
also a box of leather scrap pieces big enough for something for pete's sake. Pete was my Australian shepherd 60 years ago in case anybody wondered who Pete of Pete's sake was. but i digress!
after adding some deer, moose and elk antler to the back seat i had lunch and told lies about our childhood with my two sisters and step brother. they all live together in case you were wondering. not wondering? oh well. back to the rest of the day.
by the way we discovered during lunch that our aggregate age came to 320 years! almost makes me feel old. digressing again. comes with senility, ask Biden.
left with my treasures and went to see a young feller i have kinda adopted. at 48 he is like the son i never had. took him a pietta 1851 navy to get him started in black powder handguns.
we adjourned to his gunroom and i showed him the things one needs to know with a c&b.
he wanted to pay me for the gun but i just wanted to gift it to him.

as i was trying to leave he dragged me out to the side of his garage and gave me about 30 lbs of obsidian. then he gave me a couple nice steer horns with good color. as he was digging them out , there in a corner i saw a long, tall, slim plastic wrapped something. covered with dust and rat poop.
asked what is that. this is what was that.
now i won't need to find something to keep me busy for the next month as i gather the parts i need.
this is about the best barn find i ever made. it has languished for over 40 years, never finished. it promises some great flame in that maple stock!

Attachments

• 20210720_184727.jpg
    20210720_184727.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210720_184813.jpg
    20210720_184813.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210720_184842.jpg
    20210720_184842.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210720_184947.jpg
    20210720_184947.jpg