• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you - the range conversations can be very distracting. But that's when I get to meet with and see most of the folks I like to shoot with.
I have a solid regime of loading that helps keep things like that to a bare minimum.
Everything lays on the left side of the bench or stand.
When powder sets loaded - the powder measure goes to the right side of the bench.
When a ball gets started - the starter or rod (depends on what I'm loading) goes tot he right side of the bench.
As soon as the shot is fired - everything I used goes back to the left side of the bench.
It helps keep things orderly and in the right order.
K.I.S.S.

Wife and I went fishing on the Green River in Wyoming
25368.jpeg

I’m fed up with lock-down. I have authority to buy two ‘new’ revolvers but can’t get to go and get them ndd,, what's worse the ranges are all closed.

I have powder, charges made up and, I’m getting in top of my domestic duties - sort of.........

I went out to the fettling shed while my wife was at the gym and

View attachment 56233

The mug of tea is a most essential piece of kit.

Another 200 .457 balls for my Rugers and another 100 .577 for my lovely Enfield.

What did anyone else do (shooting related - today)

I know those in the US have some day to go yet but here the sun will be gone in an hour.
Never bothered to pay attention to the politicians, or media about lock down. Went about and did what I normally do. That it was then, and think it is now no more than BS!

About pools; my neighbor spent a bundle on a huge pool and landscaping so his grandkids would have a place to swim and play. The first year they came every week, the next year they came over a half dozen times, the third year they came once or twice. He was out at daylight every morning doing the pool cleaning routine.

The fourth year without telling his wife he hired a backhoe to push all the concrete walkways into the pool and covered the whole area with new topsoil and sod, you can't tell there was ever a pool there. He is now a happy man.
Ha! Neighbor did same thing ... Montgomery, Alabama, 1972. I learned 😁 ;) Polecat

Slept in until 8:30AM. Laid in bed for a while reading this forum. Got up and made coffee. I grind my own beans. Dark espresso roast for me. And I like it strong with half & half and a pinch of sweetener. Went shopping online at TOTW. Just so happens the mailman dropped off a package from TOTW. A long tang breech plug, white lightning touch hole liner, a brass sight base and plans for a SMR. Then I headed to the shop to make a front site. Never used a pre-made sight base before so this was a treat. The sight base accepted .062" brass and I had a 4" x 8" peice of .062 yellow brass on hand. I cut out and shaped the blade of the sight then soldered it to the base. Came out nice. Then off to the store to get some refreshment (Budweiser). Back to the shop. Stretched out my SMR plans on the bench. Taped tracing paper together and secured that over the stock profile on the plans. Then I traced the outline. Will transfer that profile to some stiff "Oak Tag" paper and then to the stock blank.

Attachments

• 20210710_143253.jpg
    20210710_143253.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210710_143109.jpg
    20210710_143109.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210710_150244.jpg
    20210710_150244.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 52
Currently debating with myself whether I want a Shiloh percussion Sharps or a custom Hawken in .50.

It's a harder choice than I thought it would be.

Woke up at 4:00AM for a bathroom run. Thought I could do that and get back in bed before I ran out "tired". Didn't work. Got up. Took my meds. Drank two large cups of coffee. Checked my bank balance and saw that Pecatonica had charged my debit card on the 7th for my .36 caliber rifle barrel. That means that it's been shipped. Went shopping on Amazon for a few things. Put the trash & recycleables out by the curb. It's real, real humid out and getting hot. Supposed to be 90° today. Dry heat is not so hard on me. But with high humidity, it's unbearable. Staying in the A/C!

I'm still waiting for the temperature to get below 100º. It usually hits the century mark around 12:30 or 1:00 PM. Where we are located is considered high desert. Our shootig range has 3 sided "pits" and the breeze doesn't get below the berms very often. It can get brutal at times specially with no shade.

I've got a new front sight coming for my Hawken, I hope it gets here before next Friday. What's on there now is a joke. It completely covers the target at anything over 25 yards. Hell, I still trying to get it sighted in. It still throws the occasional flyer. Here's my very best 5 shot group at 25 yards. None of my other 25 yard groups look remotely that good. Oh, it was shot from a bench rest, if it had been offhand, I would have most likely blown the target frame apart.

210624-001   2x3  5 shot group.jpg

Got up at 5am, made coffee, then went out to my desert site and shot my 62 cal flint lock smooth bore rifle 5 times and couldn't hit s##t. 70 grn 2F and prb. Gave up and started shooting a real old cva cap lock 45 cal pistol with 20 grn 3f and prb. Shot the pistol 10 times and hit the target all 10 times. quit after 10 shots as the temps here started rising quickly. At about a quarter to 9 it hit 100 so it was time to go home and clean guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back