• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coving the future shooting line....
13 1/2’ x 36’ 3 sheets down, 9 too go.,..

3A1BC71C-ECF0-4800-97D4-63CDE9A1F8F7.jpeg

Finished inletting the L&R lock in my Lyman GPR. Amazing how much better quality the new lock is compared with factory.

Still need to clean things up a bit and repair some of the finish on the stock. Not sure yet what if anything I'm going to do to the lock finish wise. I might just leave it in the white.

Required quite a bit of wood removal to get it to fit correctly. Also contemplating lining the lock opening with fiberglass cloth for strength.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER!

Once upon a time I loaned a handgun safe to a now very thankfully ex-daughter-in-law.
She had changed the mechanical 5-pushbutton combination (no surprises there) but in the midst of her running off with another guy we of course had no idea what the new combination was.

I spent the better part of this morning trying a few hundred different variations and actually got it open!
That combination is now written down and I have a spiral notebook jammed into the still-open safe so it doesn't accidentally close.

It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

Maybe I should buy lottery tickets.....

Over the last few afternoons, I cleaned up the inletting job and I like the fitment better. Colored the lock with Oxpho-Blue cream to match the rifle as much as possible. Still have a few areas on the stock that need some TLC but I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0407.jpeg

Well.... woke to -29f ambient temps with -67f including wind chill. Gonna relax, stay in and stay warm, and take in what will hopefully be a great game.
Walk
Walk,
i`ll be joining you soon in that wonderful weather out west. Worked on this for the last day or so. Is going to be embedded into a table for the SNCO & Officers mess at the base i`m currently serving at. Used to be Fort Pepperell for any of you old guys who did a stint in Newfoundland. Details still need cleaning up, but its almost done.
13528939-2ED8-49EF-BF91-510622BD7026.jpeg

Messed around at the range as usual. I built an 8' strongback to make an 8' wide drag harrow and attached the two 4 footers side by side, attached it to the Kioti and made the place real purty in less than three hours. Taking a break I got a text from a shooting buddy that ordered the wrong size French Amber flints for the Lyman GPR (3/4") he's building. Asked me if I wanted the 5/8" baker's dozen he received.

Well, YEAH. :)

wm

Went on a woods walk very cold but lots of fun . we had 13 shooters. Did well for myself came in 5th.

Reactions: smo
Cleaned the car. Then loaded er up. Put it in the garage so if it snows I can just git in n go in the morning. To a rifle match.

Reactions: smo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back