• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Well, I got scammed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been dinged myself recently I feel your pain. Damn.

"How did this happen ? I can't seem to find a Neil55 listed as a member here , have the mods already deleted his account?"

Yes they did

I made a want ad for a Charleville and he contacted me. Said he has a friend with one and to text him about it. He was a .32 with all his 15 comments in the welcome section. It seemed fishy so I reported it. He's been banned since Saturday. Another fellow contacted me with the same sort of situation. He got banned too.

I sure hate this happened. Keep a weather eye out, and if it seems fishy, report the user to a moderator.

RM

Sorry to hear this. Got taken myself recently and have seen similar reports on different gun websites. Business seems to be good for these scam artists.

Whenever someone invokes a "friend" they are insulating themselves from criminal
liability. Then if you try to contact the friend you are soliciting and liability shifts.
Only deal with principals or the actual seller. No matter messaging ,at some point
you need to speak directly with the seller and get phones etc. The auction sites
do give winning bidders the id details of sellers --for a reason-- due diligence.
The risk is always on the buyer-- so let the buyer beware.

Have to be careful, as mentioned look to see how long a person has been a member, a recent joiner is a red flag. A member with very few posts in also another red flag Lastly is a super good price which is too good to pass up.

I recently saw a post and the person said he had what I had been looking for and the price was below what the item has been selling for. His join date was that day, huh (?) He said he wanted to sell the item as he was moving and needed to sell it, huh(?).

Responded to the seller with conditions of my buying would be. Have not heard from the seller since.

Way too many flags.

I really hate to hear that.

Guys if ANYONE ever contacts you about something you want and then says "I know this guy that has this, here is his contact info reach out to him" it is a scam. Not only that but if a new member or a member with low post counts tries to sell you something, be VERY suspicious! Do not worry about hurting their feelings if you have any concerns at all. Ask them to prove themselves.

I don’t post much these days, but I’m a long time member. It really saddens me to see this going on, and apparently becoming more common. In all the very many deals I’ve made on this forum, I have never been scammed. Yet. I always thought that was because we charcoal burners are a different, more honorable, breed. It seems the truth is we just hadn’t been noticed yet.

I’m sorry this happened, and hate that the rest of us learn from your loss. Best of luck in the future.

"How did this happen ? I can't seem to find a Neil55 listed as a member here , have the mods already deleted his account?"

Yes they did

I made a want ad for a Charleville and he contacted me. Said he has a friend with one and to text him about it. He was a .32 with all his 15 comments in the welcome section. It seemed fishy so I reported it. He's been banned since Saturday. Another fellow contacted me with the same sort of situation. He got banned too.

I sure hate this happened. Keep a weather eye out, and if it seems fishy, report the user to a moderator.

RM
Doubt being a .32 has anything to do with it. I've been a .32 for almost 10 years now. He's just a filthy thief plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back