• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BUYER BEWARE - Mntnhntr is a SCAMMER

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP here...

I certainly didn't mean to start a fire among you and I am not feeling sorry for myself. I just wanted to send up a flare so no one else gets burned.

I am new HERE but not new to this format or process of long distance commerce. I played and lost this time - lesson learned but to be honest it won't stop me from playing again. The overwhelming majority of folks in this hobby are salt of the earth. This forum and this discipline of shooters is especially moral and kind. Like most on here, ML and BP in general are not my only mistresses so I feel qualified to make that observation.

The overwhelming support for my case, the outstanding response from the moderators, and general consensus that we don't want that sort among us is reassuring to say the least.

The story ends with me accepting what happened - not liking it, but accepting my part nonetheless. At days end, I count many blessings in my life; more than I'm sure I deserve. This thief cannot say the same and I feel pity for him. He sold his integrity for $275. That is the bottom line value of the man he is. He will remain low but not me. I am at peace with it and shall carry on.

Thank you for circling the wagons.

A.

I just last week received two different items from two different people one was on ebay and the other on Modern m/z both gentlemen would not allow me to pay for the item until I received and inspected the item to make sure I was happy with it. They would not give me the address to send the funds until I told them I was happy with the item .So I sent both a check on Monday of this week . I never expected anyone to do such a thing to a total stranger and would never ever screw over anyone but they didn't know that. So the world can still work on a mans word sometimes.

I just last week received two different items from two different people one was on ebay and the other on Modern m/z both gentlemen would not allow me to pay for the item until I received and inspected the item to make sure I was happy with it. They would not give me the address to send the funds until I told them I was happy with the item .So I sent both a check on Monday of this week . I never expected anyone to do such a thing to a total stranger and would never ever screw over anyone but they didn't know that. So the world can still work on a mans word sometimes.
Risky, but honorable. There is a large subset of folks on the internet that would have taken advantage of that. They are lucky you weren’t one of them. I never ship until payment. If I make a mistake in my description or miss something, I’m more than happy to work towards a resolution.

A few months ago I was checking out at a local auction house, and the lady running the register obviously hit a wrong button and left off a few hundred dollars from my total. It’s hectic at the close of the auction and mistakes happen. I corrected her. Some folks would have played ignorant and called it luck. There’s nothing lucky about taking advantage of people.

OP here...

I certainly didn't mean to start a fire among you and I am not feeling sorry for myself. I just wanted to send up a flare so no one else gets burned.

I am new HERE but not new to this format or process of long distance commerce. I played and lost this time - lesson learned but to be honest it won't stop me from playing again. The overwhelming majority of folks in this hobby are salt of the earth. This forum and this discipline of shooters is especially moral and kind. Like most on here, ML and BP in general are not my only mistresses so I feel qualified to make that observation.

The overwhelming support for my case, the outstanding response from the moderators, and general consensus that we don't want that sort among us is reassuring to say the least.

The story ends with me accepting what happened - not liking it, but accepting my part nonetheless. At days end, I count many blessings in my life; more than I'm sure I deserve. This thief cannot say the same and I feel pity for him. He sold his integrity for $275. That is the bottom line value of the man he is. He will remain low but not me. I am at peace with it and shall carry on.

Thank you for circling the wagons.

A.
Trust us his value is less than $275.

Risky, but honorable. There is a large subset of folks on the internet that would have taken advantage of that. They are lucky you weren’t one of them. I never ship until payment. If I make a mistake in my description or miss something, I’m more than happy to work towards a resolution.

A few months ago I was checking out at a local auction house, and the lady running the register obviously hit a wrong button and left off a few hundred dollars from my total. It’s hectic at the close of the auction and mistakes happen. I corrected her. Some folks would have played ignorant and called it luck. There’s nothing lucky about taking advantage of people.
Split you are so right. Saratoga NY man it,s beautiful up there...

I had the same experience with Splitear....he was leaving town already sent the items to me..of course I sent him proper payment and they kinda got crossed in the time tables. In the end we both got what we sent. KUDO,s to guys like Splitear...

That happened on EBay? That’s odd…. Ebay is all electronic. Your bank account is attached to your eBay account. How did he make it so it looked like it sold but no money changed hands? eBay makes money on a portion of the sold amount. They look at that very carefully

That happened on EBay? That’s odd…. Ebay is all electronic. Your bank account is attached to your eBay account. How did he make it so it looked like it sold but no money changed hands? eBay makes money on a portion of the sold amount. They look at that very carefully

Not necessarily. They dont have any of my bank account info, I use a credit card, and they ask before finalizing a transaction if its what i want to use. I also bought something, then asked the seller if he had any interest in something I had that was in the similar type of item, we made a trade, dont recall how he worked it out, but sending a money order is one of the possibilities, same as gunbroker. Its up to the seller to deal with any potential taxes, and assumed they charged the buyer in the deal, however payment was arranged.

Back on the off topic of back in the good old days, about 25 years ago I bought a truck from a friend. Only thing was he was in Arizona, I was in the midwest visiting, and lived in the N Rockies. I called my banker, she reviewed the info, said shed put the money in my account and to drop the title off when I got back to town. A train ride, drive cross country a couple times, took her the title when I got back.

I recently bought an old sewing machine on FB. The lady didnt know for sure if it worked, so told me to take it and send her a check if it worked OK. After a little work, it was OK, so sent her a check. A 1952 Singer came back to life.

Sad to see people acting like heathens over things. Theres always been dishonest people, but theres ways that make it simpler now unfortunately.

Yes I bought it by looking the man up on Facebook and went around ebay and their rules and my bank account is not attached to ebay in any way. Also I hope you are not questioning my word .

Yes I bought it by looking the man up on Facebook and went around ebay and their rules and my bank account is not attached to ebay in any way. Also I hope you are not questioning my word .
Thanks and EBay has changed since the last time unused it so apologies for the question.
No sir I was absolutely not questioning your word. No reason for that. Texting or typing words out doesn’t convey what the meaning is. So again I apologize if I came across as that. Wasn’t what I meant at all.

Not necessarily. They dont have any of my bank account info, I use a credit card, and they ask before finalizing a transaction if its what i want to use. I also bought something, then asked the seller if he had any interest in something I had that was in the similar type of item, we made a trade, dont recall how he worked it out, but sending a money order is one of the possibilities, same as gunbroker. Its up to the seller to deal with any potential taxes, and assumed they charged the buyer in the deal, however payment was arranged.

Back on the off topic of back in the good old days, about 25 years ago I bought a truck from a friend. Only thing was he was in Arizona, I was in the midwest visiting, and lived in the N Rockies. I called my banker, she reviewed the info, said shed put the money in my account and to drop the title off when I got back to town. A train ride, drive cross country a couple times, took her the title when I got back.

I recently bought an old sewing machine on FB. The lady didnt know for sure if it worked, so told me to take it and send her a check if it worked OK. After a little work, it was OK, so sent her a check. A 1952 Singer came back to life.

Sad to see people acting like heathens over things. Theres always been dishonest people, but theres ways that make it simpler now unfortunately.
Thanks! And as I just explained to R Ellis…. It’s been a while since I used EBay.

Lawyers are like nuclear weapons — you have to have ‘em because the other side has ‘em, but if you use them, they eff everything up.

I've had to employ the user of a lawyer twice in my lifetime. Both times involved criminal accusations that were not only false but were also had my accusers using political connections they thought they had to destroy me. Not only were my lawyers successful my accusers and their minions paid a heavy toll.

2 hard learned lessons:

1. Treat lawyers like a loaded shotgun behind the door: You'll never need them until you need them very, very badly.
2. Always hire the dirtiest, nastiest rabid pittbull of an attorney you can find.

I just paid an Attorney $20K to handle probate for my Sisters Estate. Couldn't have done it without him!! Watched him keep the real estate agents "in line" as I sold sisters house. Found out one of them didn't know as much as they THOUGHT they did. :oops: ;)
There are times when an Attorney is needed, just no way around it.
You pays your $$$$ and be thankful you had someone watching your 6.
Funny thing was, NEVER talked to the Attorney. All done by Email. He did call one time and ask for info on dates. Other than that, sent papers, sign this and get it back to me.
If I had it to do over again, HE would by my 1st. choice. He eared every $$$ I paid him. 👍👍 He knows his sh**!! :cool::cool:

Mntnhntr, You need to send people the stuff they paid for. If you had scammed me, I would be at your door and teach you a lesson. I absolutely hate thieves and liars. You claim to be a Marine. This is probably a lie also. DO NOT claim to be a Marine if you're not. Boy, I wish you were closer. Morons like you really get me going. Semper Fi.
Holy hell! You managed that without any grunting sounds and even used your words! Can’t be a marine! When I was in the navy on a gator freighter we had to learn “marine” a language made up from grunts, snarls, spectacularly vivid profanity and facial expressions similar to dyspeptic bulldogs. Impressive achievement to use words.

(Just fooling with you, always liked marines.They take ordinary schmucks and give them a strong sense of honor and duty. ) Just the guys you want around when a bunch of ****** off Australians decide to stomp a lone sailor for being attractive to the local girls.

Thanks and EBay has changed since the last time unused it so apologies for the question.
No sir I was absolutely not questioning your word. No reason for that. Texting or typing words out doesn’t convey what the meaning is. So again I apologize if I came across as that. Wasn’t what I meant at all.
WE are good no problem on my end have a great day and thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back