• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bad Actor

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will also post this warning to the Vendor section where my Venmo scam query was moved. This was after user dropped 3 individual $1 deposits in my Venmo account and then wanted to be "Friends on Venmo." I read him the riot act about what I expected.

To quote the new user 19thCenturyNaploeon:

"Don’t worry, you have nothing to threaten me about. as for the bad report, I can just create another account."

So it is a scam. Admins can review entire message chain, I imagine.

Did you ever find out his real name or where he is from?

Hindsight is 20/20, and now looking at his profile I can see some 'tells' that would make me leery, but I could easily still fall victim, especially for the "right" deal.

He's been here a year, but only has 19 posts, all on selling threads or where he is offering to buy or sell something in another thread. Clearly, he is not here to discuss muzzleloading, he's here to do business. Many other forums where I participate (e.g. 1911Forum, ColtForum, 1911Addicts, SigTalk, KimberTalk) require users to have 50 posts before they can even see the marketplace forums. As an honest user, that's annoying, but I think it does cut down a lot on fly-by-night scammers with multiple sock-puppet accounts.

Most of us put our location. Mine says Poland, which is where I happen to be right now: Zagan, Poland. I am from Texas. My home is in Texas. Except for a few muzzleloaders here, all my stuff is in Dickinson or San Antonio, Texas. This guy put "45 Potters Lane, Central, USA." Maybe "Central" one of those extra seven states a former president was referring to, but I've never heard of it, and I collect maps.

I don't know if it is a scam or he's just a flake without any integrity, but either way, thanks for identifying him. If you know his real name and where runs his scam from, share that too for when he creates a new account.

Maybe there’s more in the PM’s that we aren’t privy to but the reason for becoming “friends” on Venmo or for sending 1$ is to make sure you are sending money to the right person. Once you send money in Venmo it can’t be undone generally, even if you send it to the wrong person.
This seems more like a misunderstanding than a scam?

Maybe there’s more in the PM’s that we aren’t privy to but the reason for becoming “friends” on Venmo or for sending 1$ is to make sure you are sending money to the right person. Once you send money in Venmo it can’t be undone generally, even if you send it to the wrong person.
This seems more like a misunderstanding than a scam?
I understand the initial $1, which I verified to user. He then dropped two more $1 deposits. To what purpose?

From my experience the buyer tries to convince you there is a problem with your account and gets you to agree with them logging in with your password to "fix" the problem. They then transfer money from your account to theirs. Some people fall for this because they just want to be helpful. Plenty of people fall for less everyday.

NEVER had issues with a PMO. Take it to YOUR bank and deposit it in YOUR account like you would a check.
Don't send SH** till you KNOW it cleared!! ;)
Easiest deal I ever did was with a personal check I took as payment for a fresh built Flintlock Fowler. Guy wanted it, asked to send HIS check? Sure, go for it.
Got it, put it in the bank, and when it cleared my bank, sent the Fowler. Couldn't have been any easier. :thumb:

“For sale-Bad actor……are you selling William Shatner? It’s to the point now where I will just drive to wherever the gun is advertised and pay cash, between scams, financial services not processing firearms payments, and shipping headaches!

“For sale-Bad actor……are you selling William Shatner? It’s to the point now where I will just drive to wherever the gun is advertised and pay cash, between scams, financial services not processing firearms payments, and shipping headaches!
William Shatner a bad actor? You take that back! LOL 😆.

It’s just as bad as it looks….

Attachments

• IMG_1848.png
    IMG_1848.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Back