• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BUYER BEWARE - Mntnhntr is a SCAMMER

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how some people want to make more forum rules for people selling things.
Very predictable.
Can’t agree more on not liking more rules. Unfortunately, we have dirtbags among us on the World Wide Web, so what do you suggest to protect a buyer sending money for an item and then potentially doesn’t receive it? Little risk for a seller who makes sure they have the funds in hand before shipping an item, but how is the buyer protected and what should they do? Maybe send the funds and get out a prayer mat and just pray the item arrives?

I've bought at least three times on here, no problem, but only from guys that had hundreds, or thousands of posts, and had a history of selling with no problems. I doubt I'd risk buying from anyone that had not been here long - and I haven't been here that long myself.

where someone has tried to create an alternate username, and we slapped their hand and told them if they did it again they would be banned.
Ya, then they just log in again with a different Ip addy,,
The "cheat's for all this internet stuff now-a-days is so easy you can 'google search" how to cheat,
For goodness sakes, the Owner of the web site has 2-3 names they log in with,,,,,,,,,
:dunno:
I'd say "clickity-clack" but most key boards and mouse clicks are silent today,,,,

I've bought at least three times on here, no problem, but only from guys that had hundreds, or thousands of posts, and had a history of selling with no problems. I doubt I'd risk buying from anyone that had not been here long - and I haven't been here that long myself.
Good observation and wise.
I'm considering selling here again. But it's a coin flip from your post. I'm not sure I'd sell to a member that hasn't been here for years or have hundreds of posts,,
We're supposed to ship to someone that "say's" they are over 18 just for membership?
"Click here" to show you are over 18,,, and "click here" to show you have read all of the disclaimers.
Point is, web sites are a two-way street.

Last edited:
More forum to sell or buy rules? Why to make the buyer comfortable it is all legit? There is no recourse through this website to get your funds back if it goes bad. Only way to make it secure is to have mlf handle the funds until the flow of goods purchased is complete. Not gonna happen and we wll know it.

You as the buyer have to be comfortable and secure in what you are doing. Ake a phone call is best. Not more forum rules that have no teeth to someone will ill intent.

I must have missed the part where it was said that more rules are being added.
I thought they were enabling a feature, which can either be used or not. Maybe that was the other thread.

Lawyers are like nuclear weapons — you have to have ‘em because the other side has ‘em, but if you use them, they eff everything up.
Societies worldwide are in complete agreement concerning the damage lawyers/judges have done to humanity sturmkatzie.
For decades approximately 76% of America's local & state lawmakers have been lawyers or former judges.
Conflict of Interest is Illegal;
Lawyers should be banned from holding any office as a law-maker as they are the primary entity that profits financially from writing the quagmire of loopholed laws & regulations that protects criminals, undermines citizens' constitutional rights requiring huge perpetual litigation costs & hardships to societies worldwide.

A phone call to discuss a potential deal goes a long way to get a sense of what one can expect. Many here won't trust another person enough to risk the call. They prefer to insist on rules, written notes, and photos that mean nothing if a scammer wants to take your money.

Finally!! It took seven pages for me, one of the least tech savvy a d slowest user of the internet Finally has a grip on the problem. Solved!!

Guess we can go back to buying and selling now that the lowest common denominator understands situation. 🤣

Finally!! It took seven pages for me, one of the least tech savvy a d slowest user of the internet Finally has a grip on the problem. Solved!!

Guess we can go back to buying and selling now that the lowest common denominator understands situation. 🤣
Ummm think i got u beat on least technical guy on here.lol. im not good at this type of communication.but i sure do like coming here and see all that is being done with muzzleloaders and cap and ball pistols( lol not sure if its called pistols) there are some very smart people on here.i live in north carolina.so think it would be wise of me when i see some one close that is selling. I will meet and greet with them to purchase.

Ummm think i got u beat on least technical guy on here.lol. im not good at this type of communication.but i sure do like coming here and see all that is being done with muzzleloaders and cap and ball pistols( lol not sure if its called pistols) there are some very smart people on here.i live in north carolina.so think it would be wise of me when i see some one close that is selling. I will meet and greet with them to purchase.
I have done exactly that with no issues.SM

Had one guy interested in a MZ I had for sale. Quoted him a "firm price" and considered a face to face meeting not to far for either of us to travel. Even lowered the price because no shipping was involved. :)
Got bad vibes and mentioned MY PRICE and if he tried to get IT down, all he would see was my tail lights. Never heard another word from him. 👍;)

Had one guy interested in a MZ I had for sale. Quoted him a "firm price" and considered a face to face meeting not to far for either of us to travel. Even lowered the price because no shipping was involved. :)
Got bad vibes and mentioned MY PRICE and if he tried to get IT down, all he would see was my tail lights. Never heard another word from him. 👍;)

If I wanted the tool bad enough, I'd encourage the meeting face to face in an area where there is lots of others nearby such as a Walmart parking lot, etc..
If they balk, guess it is not going to happen & I move on.
I get to feel the item, see if it is as advertised, etc.....
They take cash, I take the tool.
No problems.

True story, Bought a house off of a guy years ago with 100 bucks and a hand shake to make the deal (he was a honest to goodness cattle dealer). The house was 25,000, I was putting 5,000 down and he was taking a mortgage for the balance. When we went to the closing to have the papers drawn up and filed the lawyer there said, "what do you guys think your in the wild west a 100 bucks and a hand shake" and the much older than I cattle dealer said " the only difference between a 100 bucks and a hand shake and a contract is ,we need you to get out of a contract" the attorney said nothing more and did his job. Like I say "true story" did a little work on the house and sold it for 42,000 a about a year later. Sure wish things were still like that.
Phil

Last edited:
Ok, my 2 cents, I usually sit and read all I can on here, even before contemplating a transaction. Most you guys here I think are good people and have no problem about doing business with you, unfortunately there's always a skunk in the woodpile, so if things don't quite smell right then I don't do it. Sorry about the fellow who got took though

Leave it to the human beings to make it harder to be an honest human being.

We have a great forum because of our fantastic Administrators & Moderators :thumb:

Conflict of interest lawmakers are responsible for unleashing criminals & scammers against society;
Lawyer/Politicians have lawfully enabled criminals to be catch & release offenders against society for monetary gain
via revolving-door judicial systems.

America's Founding Fathers endowed Citizens with the sole authority to remove
public servants who's actions or records validated acts of corruption or treason.

Will this generation of Citizen soldiers unite as a National Oath Enforcement Movement to prevent
the ongoing insider treasonous overthrow of America ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back