• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Watching Jeremiah Johnson

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah in the mountain men Heston has a lance thrown at him sticking the tree next to him. He pulls it out and kills the Indian. But you can look and see the guid wire that the lance traveled on

"Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!" Classic line! :D

I agree about that elk kill being legit, but there's another scene where he shoots a running deer and it's obvious that a couple guys off screen just toss a deer carcass into the snow. That always makes me laugh.

Yeah I love it, good logic too!

I do remember that deer getting chucked on screen, I always got a chuckle out of it myself. Guess you had to work with what you had in the 70s!

Yeah in the mountain men Heston has a lance thrown at him sticking the tree next to him. He pulls it out and kills the Indian. But you can look and see the guid wire that the lance traveled on

What about toward the end of the last of the mohicans when Daniel Day Lewis comes out of a cave and brushes past the rock which wobbles because its just painted fabric!

when ever someone mentions "6 legged Elk" I think of Gary Carter's painting !

Attachments

• 6legged.jpg
    6legged.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 149
A question : What was the name of that movie where the little boy was put over a cannon barrel; and the bottom of his feet were whipped bloody.. His Father rescued him ; and escaped.. I think Al Pacino played the Dad... any body remember that movie ?? Thanks in advance...
The movie was Revolution. Released in 1985. Starred Al Pacino, Donald Sutherland, and Nastassja Kinski. Available on DVD via Amazon. I have seen a couple of different endings, but overall, a decent movie.

Wes Studi, Chief Dan George, Russel Means, Elaine Miles, ....
Chief Dan George and Russell Means have passed away. I saw Means once in a TV interview. He was a very intelligent and erudite man as well as being a great actor.

A question : What was the name of that movie where the little boy was put over a cannon barrel; and the bottom of his feet were whipped bloody.. His Father rescued him ; and escaped.. I think Al Pacino played the Dad... any body remember that movie ?? Thanks in advance...
revolution

Way back in the 1990's, Turner Television Network (TNT) did a series of made for TV movies about notable Native Indians. A friend and I were background actors in the life story of Tecumseh. It was filmed in the "wilds" of North Carolina, near Winston-Salem. We wore our own colonial clothing and supplied our own firearms. Most of the others were issued rubber muskets.

That whole scene is so memorable...Del Gue...

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’ "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"

Revolution

Back