• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Upset with UPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPS can be pretty irresponsible. I had a package marked as delivered. I looked all around where packages are supposed to be. Contacted UPS, which is a waste of time.
I hadn't left home for a few days, and when I was driving out of my long driveway, I saw something sticking out of the snow. I stopped, and sure enough, there was my package. Had it snowed anymore, I wouldn't have seen it until spring. Next delivery, I gave the driver an ass chewing.

I can't really complain about UPS, BUT....I'm having a Devil of a time with USPS!!!
I sent a parcel to SC on Valentines day (Feb.14th.) and it STILL isn't there. The PO just says "keep waiting, it may still get there?" My local PO will NOT lift a finger to do anything about finding it!
Then, 3 days ago I sent a parcel to NV. It arrived in Puerto Rico yesterday??? NO ONE at the PO can tell me WHY!!!
I have a $300.00 parcel to ship today and I'm half afraid to!:~(((( The one going to NV. is just some business cards so no real damage or cost if it gets lost, BUT that's not the point!! The girl at the PO said "Well at least WE did our job"? I said "NO..you didn't, if you had, my parcel would be in SC. now"
Oh well...what ya.' gonna do?
I didn't mean to get off topic, just venting for whatever good it might be?
God bless:
Two Feathers

UPS can be pretty irresponsible. I had a package marked as delivered. I looked all around where packages are supposed to be. Contacted UPS, which is a waste of time.
I hadn't left home for a few days, and when I was driving out of my long driveway, I saw something sticking out of the snow. I stopped, and sure enough, there was my package. Had it snowed anymore, I wouldn't have seen it until spring. Next delivery, I gave the driver an ass chewing.
waksupi:
I'm sure he said he had a substitute driver that day? There's ALWAYS an excuse and SOMEONE else is to blame, when a customer goes (excuse me for this ) POSTAL!!! :eek::oops:
Two Feathers

I've had that happen to me also. Thankfully I have a security camera attached to my doorbell. It's called Ring and works great. When I called to contest what the driver said, "package delivered" and tell them I had video proof, with time stamp,that no body came to the door, they "found" my package. Brought it to me the next day. It's a shame that it has come to this but may I suggest getting one of those Ring doorbells.

Fed Ex has been a constant headache for me. They have left packages (signature required) on neighbor's porches (driver signed my name, misspelled) or left on the ground beneath my mailbox quarter mile from my home. Thank goodness for alert neighbors.

ADK Bigfoot

I can't really complain about UPS, BUT....I'm having a Devil of a time with USPS!!!
I sent a parcel to SC on Valentines day (Feb.14th.) and it STILL isn't there. The PO just says "keep waiting, it may still get there?" My local PO will NOT lift a finger to do anything about finding it!
Then, 3 days ago I sent a parcel to NV. It arrived in Puerto Rico yesterday??? NO ONE at the PO can tell me WHY!!!
I have a $300.00 parcel to ship today and I'm half afraid to!:~(((( The one going to NV. is just some business cards so no real damage or cost if it gets lost, BUT that's not the point!! The girl at the PO said "Well at least WE did our job"? I said "NO..you didn't, if you had, my parcel would be in SC. now"
Oh well...what ya.' gonna do?
I didn't mean to get off topic, just venting for whatever good it might be?
God bless:
Two Feathers
Insured packages seem to neve have those problem.

Insured packages seem to neve have those problem.
Rifleman1776:
Don't say THAT too loud! The 2 they just lost are both insured? I swear.....it seems like the USPS is just daring people to file a lost mail insurance claims? It seems to me that the more insurance I put on a parcel the more often they get lost? I've noticed one constant. If I'm shipping due South or South West, the parcels tend to get lost? If I ship Due North, North East, Due West, or North West they usually make it? Except for the one going to NV. That one is in Puerto Rico??? I live in PA.??? WTH???
I just shipped a parcel to TX. this morning, insured for $250.00. GOD ONLY knows if THAT one will make it or not?
Two Feathers

We very seldom have a problem with Fed Ex, UPS or USPS. The development we live in has a problem with porch pirates who steal packages off the doorsteps.

One OK lady opened the door and let the Rottweiler out. The dog had to go, how was she to know a thief was stealing packages.

UPS girl stopped by today, she's been leaving our packages with a drug dealer about 1/4 mile from our house......the asswipe said he was me.......tick tock goes the clock.........
call the police, file a theft report, they will get her statement and he will be charged. If that doesn't pan out find him out in the dark somewhere and have a conversation with him.

UPS is THE worst of the three main carriers. I REFUSE to send anything personal by UPS but here at work, I am forced to use them as most of my suppliere ship by UPS. They must be getting a fantastic deal from UPS because I recieve smashed and/or empty packages quite frequently. Boxes damaged and missing part of the order or just plain missing altogether (lost). I have had drivers leave packages outside the FRONT door after we were closed, leave them at a back door to a storage garage and other places than inside at the front counter where they are instructed to leave things.

Calling does no good because the complaint gets filed in the system and no one does anything about it. Chewing the drivers ass does no good because they change drivers and routes so frequently. I receive deliveries at 5 minutes before closing or at closing time quite often. That's another day wasted waiting for parts.

I send many packages via Post Office every day and never get any complaints about them. Maybe I've just gotten lucky and have a good postal crew in my area.

UPS is THE worst of the three main carriers. I REFUSE to send anything personal by UPS but here at work, I am forced to use them as most of my suppliere ship by UPS. They must be getting a fantastic deal from UPS because I recieve smashed and/or empty packages quite frequently. Boxes damaged and missing part of the order or just plain missing altogether (lost). I have had drivers leave packages outside the FRONT door after we were closed, leave them at a back door to a storage garage and other places than inside at the front counter where they are instructed to leave things.

Calling does no good because the complaint gets filed in the system and no one does anything about it. Chewing the drivers ass does no good because they change drivers and routes so frequently. I receive deliveries at 5 minutes before closing or at closing time quite often. That's another day wasted waiting for parts.

I send many packages via Post Office every day and never get any complaints about them. Maybe I've just gotten lucky and have a good postal crew in my area.
N.Y. Yankee:
You MUST have a good postal crew? I cannot get ANY decent service or help here from our local PO! I've gone as far as to report them to our state representative, and NOTHING!!!
God bless:
Two Feathers

The UPS drivers around here are very reliable and I haven't had any problems with them for a number of years. I think they generally knock at the door, but that doesn't matter to us. We get quickly notified of the deliveries by email and it's not a problem, and they leave the stuff where we want them too. During the early stages of COVID we got a little sign that points to right where we want the stuff -- because the FedEx drivers were too dim to put it in the obvious place and would actually unhook a chain across an old set of stairs and doorway to throw it on an old stoop -- instead of putting on the obviously new front deck with obvious new main entry door. But FedEx has always been odd in this (rural) area.

The change in UPS is great and in part is attributable to their seriously enhanced tracking technology. I can even see where the deliver truck is on its route as I'm getting a delivery. 20 years ago it wasn't like this. At that time we had one driver that would pitch packages in the ditch behind our mail box at the road (120 yds from the house). And then I got two deliveries that were just pitched on our front lawn: one was a 7mm Spanish Mauser, and one was a Tokarev pistol. :rolleyes:

USPS - most of the time great, a few times not so much. I live in Minnesota. Sent a priority package to my brother in Maryland. He had not received it after 8 days. Tracked its progress and found it had gone by the way of Los Angeles! He finally did get it. I guess the post office wanted it to “See America First!”.

Could have gone via Ukraine.
You ever track the deliveries you're getting via USPS nowadays? They use "shipping partners" on the one hand, and their own "logistics" on the other. I often see a package of mine (on the USPS tracking service) go to its first destination (say Detroit or Chicago), then come down to Greensboro, NC ... then go to Raleigh ... then go back to Greensboro, then mysteriously appear in my mailbox some time later (though at times that involves a return trip to Raleigh. It's like watching pinball.

Sorry to hear of others' problems. Deliveries to our farm sometimes require driving with water over the road, backing trucks out of our narrow gate, and being barked at by the dogs. Usually have the same drivers, one USPS lady brings dog biscuits.

Mailbox sits 6/10 mile from house at a "T" intersection of two gravel roads - a target for vandals. I'm on my 13th mailbox. Requests to move box back to the house (where it was for 30 years) refused by postmistress who's "over" our small rural post office. We have to get our meds via postal service, so when our carrier delivers something of importance, she calls me. Anyway ..that's how we get treated at home.

Trying to ship gun stuff, I drive into the main p.o. or FedX which is a whole lot different - shipping hours are odd, and they've not been overly helpful, change rules apparently, and always wait in a line.

Back