• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GSM Outdoors gets a boo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
GSM is a company I had never heard of until I began to refinish my Great Plains rifle stock. GSM owns about 50 companies, one of which is Birchwood Casey. In October I bought their complete kit which contains detailed instructions. There is also an online version of the same instruction guide. I had a few questions not covered in the guide, so I emailed them on 10/25/23. After a week and a half, with no reply, I called customer service. It took forever until someone picked up. The lady was nice, courteous, really seemed to want to be helpful, but she knew absolutely nothing about stock refinishing. It was obvious that she was merely referring to the BC guide and was offering answers like "well I think I'd..." I asked if she could escalate my call to someone who had actual experience, but no. A few days later I called again, suffered the same wait time and then got a different well-intentioned lady who repeated the same "I guess I'd..." advice. I asked her how I could contact BC directly but she said she had no info as to how to contact the manufacturer of the products. She added that she didn't even know what state they were in! Yesterday, February 12, 2024 I received a reply to my Oct. email. It was from customer service and it apologized for the delay and suggested that I consult the BC guide book and if that didn't help, I should call customer service! Unbelievable! Only due to help provided in this forum was I able to do an excellent job on my project. If anyone knows where BC is made or how to contact them, please post it. I would still like to contact them directly.

Latest posts

Back