• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRASH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.C.BINGAMAN

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Any one noticed since the forum was sold all the unrelated trash that is starting to show up. could this be the beginning of the end for a great site full of information related to the hobby. Sorry for the post in this spot but it is where I thought it would fit best.AN APPLICATION HUNTER

Man I was thinking along the same lines as much as I hate to say it. Seems like some of it could be prevented by a more thorough membership process.

I know we have had the troll who post girly vids from you tube and I don’t know why one would do that. The ads are not shooting related but in fact I don’t pay a lot of attention to ads. Fact was I didn’t pay much attention to adds before hand.

I have a small airgun forum and, from time to time, we have suffered these morons. Hopefully, the moderator(s) will catch and delete posts like those below. Im not sure what is available on this forum's server to block posters or drop them from membership. Mine has an open, no membership required format which requires due diligence. I know that Claude would have been on this like a cat on a rat. Maybe the new owner needs to round up a posse?

The others mods and I have to open and delete them one at a time. It's a pain and time consuming.

Moderators cannot "zap" a member. Sadly jerks like this will make us get more controlling - and that has been avoided n the past.

Can't keep something nice. :-(

Stumpkiller,
Hang in there, we appreciate all you do to keep the forum going. It is just too bad there are jerks out there trying to spoil a good site.
Flintlocklar :hatsoff:

I locked down registration even more. Should help. All the settings are the same, this forum has really lacking spam controls so I guess Claude just got good at researching each registration diligently.

We really need modern software that can prevent spam beyond having to research each new registration. This software is not secure, haven't been updated in many years and the developers quit the project. Even then you sometimes disallow legit people or allow spammers in.

I am not sure what list you are referring to, The forum was sold according to the earlier posts, perhaps you could explain the list as you posted. R.C.

Clyde I agree the internet can be a deceiving place and not a place to venture lightly, kind of like hunting bear with a un-loaded rifle and no extra rounds. this has been a great site with much knowledge and help. In my experiences things of this magnitude it is best to address right of the bat and not give it time to take root. R.C.

Can you mods lock threads? If it's not too hard, at least it will keep folks from responding. I haven't looked in the other subforums but this level of trolling doesn't look too bad. Maybe Claude snuffed them out a-borning. I know he sure set people straight, pronto, when he felt a post was misplaced or out of line. I do appreciate the hard work the mods are doing and sympathize. I've locked out trolls by IP address but then have encountered some who use an IP scrambler. In the end, ignoring them is usually the most effective cure.

Please don't think I don't appreciate all you and the other moderators do. I certainly couldn't do it.
I just don't remember ever seeing this much of this kind of spam/troll activity here before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been blocking all posts by the spammers as I see em (lead box).

Also I don't recommend opening any of these videos as they have a high VIRUS potential. Anything I suspect I open on a smart phone which is harder to get a virus on (no windows).

Latest posts

Back