• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions P53 Enfield..???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stopped at the LGS yesterday and they had a Traditions P53 3 band Enfield for sale. New gun. Price was not bad-about $900 OTD. I did not get a chance to look over it too closely.

Any body know who makes these for Traditions? I could not find any info when googling and the Traditions website has teh AIDS. My anti virus trips trying to get on it so i cannot check there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Armi sport makes the muskets that Traditions sells. I think they offer some of them in kit form as well.

Trot...thanks! I should have checked the barrel to see where it was made. That might have helped. I was in kinda a hurry.

I know that Armi sport makes a lot of stuff. I have read of one 53 Enfield made with a press in breach plug. Is is the Armi Sport?

Thanks!

I have a 1861 Springfield by Armi-Sport (now Chiappa) and it is top quality, second to none. I have heard in the past that Armi-Sport was not the highest quality, this and that brand was supposed to be "better", blah blah, but I can find no fault with mine. I don't know, but I can't imagine Armi-Sport/Chiappa using a press in breech plug. (would that even work?) Seriously, my '61 is perfect in every detail, and in every way. It's a heavy son-of-a-gun, but I take it out for a day at least once every season without dying of exhaustion. If that P53 is a Armi-Sport, it's a good gun.

Back