• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli woes....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my Le page finally arrived a few days before Christmas. Its taken me a bit to get used to it but after about 100 shots I did my personal best on my biathlon course with 8 out of 9 hits. my previous best was 7 hits. 20g of t7 seemed really hot in this pistol so i reduced it to about 16 ish which still hits the steel with authority. A real bonus is that the le page works with reguler #11 caps where the Trapper only gets good ignition with magnum caps. still getting used to the feel and the sight picture as well as the trigger pull. if I stiffen the set trigger it seems to add creep so its set pretty light. It cost me $50.00 to ship and insure the return for repair . So far I think it has potential to be a good fit. Much harder to load than the trapper but i am starting to get the hang of it.
An auspicious second start.?

I dont think its quite right at least acording to the owners manuel.. you are supposed to test the trigger by smacking the butt of the pistol against the bench to see if the hammer falls. i still fail that test but have not had any AD's so rolling with it.

So this arrived yesterday. View attachment 272127
beautifully made pistol. too bad it doesn't work :(
The set trigger lock is non functional. The way it came from the factory the set trigger was so light that it clicks off just by shaking the pistol or slapping it against your palm yet it wont actually drop the hammer. In order to get it to drop the hammer you need to set it so light that a feather will trip it and it does not pass the shake test much less the bump test. . setting the trigger to any sort of reasonable level it will not drop the hammer but will still click and unset by palm slapping the pistol. Pedersoli does not even have a customer service link on their website. the only contact link is for product information/ advertising. I did send my complaint via that link. Interesting that several of the folks on this site informed me that my $365.00 Traditions Trapper was a piece of junk yet it shot perfectly right out of the box and traditions has good customer service. this Pedersoli was over $1,700 after tax and shipping and it won't even drop the hammer...
$1,700 ???!!!
YIKES !!!

There is so much I could say here but I won't. I sincerely hope the OP gets a functioning pistol back from the 'smith.

edit-

All I will say is this-

For years now I have been pro Pedersoli. I own many Pedersoli arms. And I am happy with all but one of them. I even think I will find that one load that will fix the accuracy issues of that one trouble some Ped I own....someday. But 1 week ago I examined a Pedersoli a friend bought new that has me rethinking everything. This example is below ANY Indian repro. It's BAD. I mean BAD. And the date code is 2023. Pakistani 'smiths could of done a better job. And accuracy is horrific. Quite frankly non-existant. And this is a man who beats me by 1-3 targets every woodwalk. I don't know if this is a fluke or the start of a really bad trend. I have no gun building skills. I could cobble together a better gun then this. He also bought from Midway and can't return it due to their policy.

Last edited:
It's shooting pretty well. I still have less than 200 shots through it but we are starting to get on the same page. List price was $1599.00 after taxes it was a little over $1700.00

There is so much I could say here but I won't. I sincerely hope the OP gets a functioning pistol back from the 'smith.

edit-

All I will say is this-

For years now I have been pro Pedersoli. I own many Pedersoli arms. And I am happy with all but one of them. I even think I will find that one load that will fix the accuracy issues of that one trouble some Ped I own....someday. But 1 week ago I examined a Pedersoli a friend bought new that has me rethinking everything. This example is below ANY Indian repro. It's BAD. I mean BAD. And the date code is 2023. Pakistani 'smiths could have done a better job. And accuracy is horrific. Quite frankly non-existant. And this is a man who beats me by 1-3 targets every woodwalk. I don't know if this is a fluke or the start of a really bad trend. I have no gun building skills. I could cobble together a better gun then this. He also bought from Midway and can't return it due to their policy.
What model is your friends Pedersol?

Latest posts

Back