• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track's mink oil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it isn't satisfactory I will consider @necchi 's offer.
Too late, I was there yesterday,, after all this time you haven't really contacted them have ya?
Now don't get me wrong, the offer still stands, I can go down there again.
Just don't put banana oil in it before ya want a refund,,
I'm honest or at least try to be, but for me it's either a;
Talk icon, or a
Walk icon,,
Ma used ta say "Take a sh!p or get off the pot" :dunno:
I mean honest,, why not look at another thread and use 50/50 Dawn and water?
Banana oil?
p.s. your welcome.

Last edited:
As a young teen me and a buddy used scent pads with skink scent pinned to our hats. WE WERE COOL, make no mistake. Today the skink smell triggers the l memries of our huts and though it stinks I like it. Aroma not full on SPRAY
Lizards have odor?

Or do you mean the character in the Carl Hiaasen books?

Fresh quill will take your breath away, after the scent has lingered a few days I don’t find it too offensive. A trapping buddy of mine is fond of saying “quill smells like money”. He uses a lot of quill in coyote and fox sets.

It may just be a nose issue. Consider the possibility of Parosmia. It is a distorted sense of smell. It happens when smell receptor cells in your nose don't detect odors or transmit them to your brain. Causes include bacterial or viral infections, head trauma, neurological conditions and COVID-19. Parosmia is usually temporary, but in some cases, it's permanent.

Causes include bacterial ... and COVID-19. Parosmia is usually temporary, but in some cases, it's permanent.
Since having covid, my senses of taste and smell are diminished, but mostly taste.
I can taste, but it's not as flavorful or intense as it used to be. :dunno:
Makes it easier to eat broccoli!
Not really, I let my Wife have the broccoli. :thumb:

Back