• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Best Muzzleloading Movies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed due to 15min. into movie, it sucked so bad, I wanted to put my head in meat grinder! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs,
do hereby leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it,
Lord hope it be a white man.
It is a good rifle, and killt the bear that killt me.
Anyway, I am dead.
Yours truly, Hatchet Jack.

I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs,
do hereby leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it,
Lord hope it be a white man.
It is a good rifle, and killt the bear that killt me.
Anyway, I am dead.
Yours truly, Hatchet Jack.
Del Gue:
Ain't that Hatchet Jack's rifle?

Jeremiah Johnson:
Yep. Found him froze to a tree.

Del Gue:
Damn! He was a wild one, old Hatchet Jack. He was livin' two year in a cave up on the Musselshell with a female panther. She never did get used to him.

This may have been mentioned but if not, everything else has, so I'll just say that the TV series with Lynda Carter called hawkeye is pretty good. Also, the Randolph Scott version of Last of the Mohicans is quite good. . . of course I like the newer one too . . there were a couple TV versions in the 70's with Steve Deforest of Last of the Mohicans and the Deerslayer that were good.

Just watched "One Mans Hero" with Tom Berenger. Lots of muskets and canon use. Not a bad movie about mistreated Irishmen who deserted the US Army and fought on the side of Mexico during the Mexican-American War.

Johnson County War with Tom Berenger was great but I saw only muzzleloader. The movie had some good shootouts with some fine looking rifles with great effects.

Excuse me on an error about Johnson County War there was only ONE muzzleloader that I saw, probably more. If a man does not like that show he needs to move to the city. HAHA

Back