• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BEST and WORST Actor in a Role of Ours?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al Pachino in “Revolution”. He’s a fantastic actor and no issues with that in the film; but somehow his heavy New Yawk accent dislodged me from getting into the story.

Yep, "Revolution" is a great movie but much overlooked IMO.
Have a copy in my DVD Classic collection.

The other one I recommend is the series "TURN" (with R turned around) which really humanised both sides in the American Revolutionary war.

I think its a great shame that HBO or whoever, havent done a series on Robert Rogers, theres a great story to be told there.

Worst for me was Leo DeCaprio in The Revenant. Totally unbelievable in that role. Of course, that is a biased opinion, because I don't like him as an actor.
Yes, but you have to give him credit for being able to fire off a flintlock with an open frizzen and no prime. That's a pretty neat trick. ;)

Anyone old enough to remember the old Disney series, "The Saga of Andy Burnett"? It was based off the book, "The Longrifle", by Stewart Edward White. There were some nice original rifles in that. I was disgusted to see how they had basically destroyed some old original Indian items to use for various things. A very nice blanket strip cut down into a belt stood out to me. That blanket strip would probably be worth 15 grand now.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/The_Saga_of_Andy_Burnett

Heres my usual off the wall take. One is My late friend Clint walker for how he handled being mistaken for Fess Parker like multiple times a day like the gentleman he was. I will always like Gary Cooper in the the meat shoot and lightening struck scenes. Corny, bur i swear i saw/handled some of the rifles at the big stembridge/mgm prop sale

As far as a nomination for the worst.....

About 2 to 3 weeks ago there was I thought a 1950's version of "The Last of the Mohicans" on one of the movie channels on TV. I have tried to google it and can't find it. (It was not the 1936 version with Randolph Scott.)

In that version, Hawkeye comes off as not much more than a dolt and the British Officer is the hero. Did anyone see that or know what the movie title actually was?

As far as "The Mountain Men," I always wanted to know what Charlton Heston ate or drank to keep up with Running Moon !!

Gus
Maybe this... "IROQUOIS TRAIL" George Montgomery, Brenda Marshall, Sheldon Leonard. 6-16-1950.

Al Pachino in “Revolution”. He’s a fantastic actor and no issues with that in the film; but somehow his heavy New Yawk accent dislodged me from getting into the story.
I concur.

I have watched the movie several times. But for some reason I can’t “love” it.

Maybe it is the reason you listed.

I hate remakes/reboots/whatever there called nowadays.
But if done correctly (no PC/Woke BS) Drums Along The Mohawk and The Buccaneer (2 great movies) might be great and maybe introduce a new generation to muzzleloading and American History.

Last edited:
One of my all time favorites is ''Little Big Man with Dustin Hoffman. I seen it at a Movie Theater when I was a kid when it first came out. At that point I thought what it would be like to have lived in that time period. Some very brave Soul's in them days !
I saw this when it was new in Germany. It was dubbed in German. The Sioux were speaking German. The Cavalry were speaking German. Faye Dunaway was moaning and speaking German when she was "in flagrante delicto".........hahahaha It was an interesting experience. I recommend it.

I saw this when it was new in Germany. It was dubbed in German. The Sioux were speaking German. The Cavalry were speaking German. Faye Dunaway was moaning and speaking German when she was "in flagrante delicto".........hahahaha It was an interesting experience. I recommend it.
It does sound interesting, I know a little German but not enough to understand a movie. I would like to see it if I can find it somewhere. Faye Dunaway is so Beautiful in that movie and just a Beautiful Lady. The Sioux speaking German kind of reminds me of the old ancient Roman Gladiator type movies where the actor's are speaking English with a British accent instead of Italian. Kind of funny.

It does sound interesting, I know a little German but not enough to understand a movie. I would like to see it if I can find it somewhere. Faye Dunaway is so Beautiful in that movie and just a Beautiful Lady. The Sioux speaking German kind of reminds me of the old ancient Roman Gladiator type movies where the actor's are speaking English with a British accent instead of Italian. Kind of funny.

Imagine trying to watch "Bonanza" with Thai language dubbing in the mid 70's, we used to chuckle and the local girls were very annoyed.

Back