• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/c trigger gaurd,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally find that T/C trigger guard hook works great for bringing the stock back solid into my shoulder or upper arm (depends on butt plate type), particularly when setting up for longer shots.

One of those love it or hate it things I guess. I believe @Idaho Ron has posted photographs here where he has soldered a finger hook on to trigger guards of his ‘Hot Rod T/Cs that didn’t have them…

I actually did a couple of them. This one is one of my 50's.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231113_205050_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113_205050_Gallery.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231113_205118_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113_205118_Gallery.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 0
@Idaho Ron that's a nicely done addition. Would be great if you could describe/ show some detail on how you did it. We who are motivated to do but suffer a lack of skills could use the help.

@Idaho Ron that's a nicely done addition. Would be great if you could describe/ show some detail on how you did it. We who are motivated to do but suffer a lack of skills could use the help.

I did this many years ago, I will try to remember.

a4OIsIZ.jpg

I started off by measuring the width. I roughly measured the TC Hawken hook forward to the mid point of the trigger guard. I just heated it up the steel and wrapped it onto the trigger guard. I made a jig to bend the trigger hook.

OWZZhWi.jpg

I didn't have the skills or equipment to weld this light of steel. So I elected to braze the two together.

QU6vPOp.jpg

After brazing it together I used two part epoxy to to use as filler to smooth out the guard.
I made two of them. I actually painted them instead of bluing. If I could weld better I might have went with cold blue. As it was black paint worked well enough for me.
They are not exactly the same but close. I find them both acceptable as far as shooting goes.

Zgun2mL.jpg1

This is my son with my rifle after the hook was installed.

Tj7530c.jpg1

wX2ZKaK.jpg1

The last time I used that rifle was in 2014. That is kind of sad really.

I did this many years ago, I will try to remember.

a4OIsIZ.jpg

I started off by measuring the width. I roughly measured the TC Hawken hook forward to the mid point of the trigger guard. I just heated it up the steel and wrapped it onto the trigger guard. I made a jig to bend the trigger hook.

OWZZhWi.jpg

I didn't have the skills or equipment to weld this light of steel. So I elected to braze the two together.

QU6vPOp.jpg

After brazing it together I used two part epoxy to to use as filler to smooth out the guard.
I made two of them. I actually painted them instead of bluing. If I could weld better I might have went with cold blue. As it was black paint worked well enough for me.
They are not exactly the same but close. I find them both acceptable as far as shooting goes.

Zgun2mL.jpg1

This is my son with my rifle after the hook was installed.

Tj7530c.jpg1

wX2ZKaK.jpg1

The last time I used that rifle was in 2014. That is kind of sad really.
Glad you posted this Ron. I knew some of the details but it’s been a while since you shared them here or anywhere and this is a worthy addition to the single trigger guns. And some revolvers… maybe worth remembering why the hook exists. I use it on all of the DST straight grip guns.
IMG_2090.jpeg
IMG_1228.jpeg

I didn't realize how much I liked that hook until i started shooting another brand. Missed it right away. I agree that the hook helps pull the rifle tighter into the shoulder and just feels more solid. Now the rear ring could easily been done away with.

Just noticed this thread - here’s one I did a few months ago on a rifle I sold. Agree that the hook provides a more secure grip, but I just didn’t like how it looked.

Attachments

• IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back