• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/c trigger gaurd,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first thing I do when rebuilding a rifle is to cut those useless finger hooks off.

There's a reason why they didn't survive.

Trust me, you'll be much happier after breaking out your hacksaw, files and sandpaper. Your hand just slides into place effortlessly.

Not a T/C, but a finger hook is a finger hook.

Attachments

• IMG_3745.JPG
    IMG_3745.JPG
    674.8 KB · Views: 0
The first thing I do when rebuilding a rifle is to cut those useless finger hooks off.

There's a reason why they didn't survive.

Trust me, you'll be much happier after breaking out your hacksaw, files and sandpaper. Your hand just slides into place effortlessly.

Not a T/C, but a finger hook is a finger hook.
The t/c ones are awful, its coming off, its just in the way all the time lol and doesnt promote any kind of useful hold

I hate them too.And hacking them off is easy,but they look downright ugly when done. Best bet is to get a Investarm Hawken trigger guard.They don't have the spur and usually fit the TC Hawken perfect.

What he said.

I looked them up on eBay, there was one for $49.95, too rich for me. I customized a TC Hawken to the max, even down to replacing the tang screws with bolts, I installed threaded brass bushings in the trigger inlet for the bolts to screw into. After I added a new GM drop in GM barrel, I had $510 in my overhaul. I would love to have a better-looking trigger guard but am maxed out on what I have invested so far in a $400 gun.

Last edited:
I did it on my Renegade. Turned out pretty good. I re-blued it after, along with all the rest of the furniture.

Attachments

• 5F38B21D-AC71-41B3-AB15-9875269BC6A5.jpeg
    5F38B21D-AC71-41B3-AB15-9875269BC6A5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I did this one a long time ago. I think I would make the tail end that was the circle full length and follow the rest of the bow. I modified the picture to be like that. As I did mine it was shorter. The brass is extremely ductile and nice to work with on the two I have modified.

Attachments

• tctg.JPG
    tctg.JPG
    878.8 KB · Views: 0
I did mine the way scota4570 did his. Still a little spur left but not lopped off all the way.If you take it off all the way, the guard is square. If you don't care about looks just lop it off all the way. Track of the Wolf has some spur less trigger guards that will fit the TC Hawken,but I don't know the #.They probably could tell you if you contact them.

I will be danged; I built a TC out of an old stock with all the hardware and a GM barrel, I never noticed the trigger guard spur had been removed until this post came up, I like it.

The TC gun on the right was from a kit my brother found in my dad's closet when he went to assisted living, I altered the stock but will probably leave the trigger guard alone.

trigger guard spur.JPG

Man I guess I'm the opposite of you guys. I like that hook. I wrap my middle finger around it and it seems to give me better trigger control.

You are not alone!! 😀

Of all the rifles I've shot the tc to is the absolute best for me. Especially when using the set trigger. I've been looking around for a similar tg that will fit a GPR.

It's that hook that improves the control. If it's about aesthetics, I understand that but there's no way it will ever look like anything but a TC Hawken.

Man I guess I'm the opposite of you guys. I like that hook. I wrap my middle finger around it and it seems to give me better trigger control.
You are not alone!! 😀
Personally find that T/C trigger guard hook works great for bringing the stock back solid into my shoulder or upper arm (depends on butt plate type), particularly when setting up for longer shots.

One of those love it or hate it things I guess. I believe @Idaho Ron has posted photographs here where he has soldered a finger hook on to trigger guards of his ‘Hot Rod T/Cs that didn’t have them…

I like the hook myself. Are the TC and Investarms guards interchangable? I need something more filling on my GPR and if a TC part fits I might see if I could put a TC part on the GPR.

Personally find that T/C trigger guard hook works great for bringing the stock back solid into my shoulder or upper arm (depends on butt plate type), particularly when setting up for longer shots.

One of those love it or hate it things I guess. I believe @Idaho Ron has posted photographs here where he has soldered a finger hook on to trigger guards of his ‘Hot Rod T/Cs that didn’t have them…
On the single trigger models it’s an excellent idea. For the same reason I like them on the double set model. The alternative is to add a pistol grip.
IMG_0271.jpeg
IMG_2451.jpeg

Back