• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken Interchangeable barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizamo

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an early .45 ca. Thompson Hawken. Been thinking of ordering a complete barrel set-up in .40 for it. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these barrel swaps and if they were happy with the results....

Giz

I have a Renegade with TC 50 and 54 barrels and GM 32 and 45 drop in barrels. Works well and saves space in the gun safe.

I know this is the percussion category, but thought I'd mention that I bought a .40cal GM 15/16" x 33" drop-in Flint barrel for a TC Hawken stock and its outstanding.

03230854calSmoothboreFullLengthRTSi.jpg

I got the GM drop in .40

it is outstanding and shoots repeatable groups over and over again! It has let me be high gun more than twice at regional rondys in the two years I have had it.

best investment I have made in a long time!

I have a .40 GM drop-in for a Renegade and, while it is very heavy, it's great.

I also have .50, .54, and .56 barrels and enjoy them all. I say go for it.

Spot

Giz,
I have ordered and received three IBS barrels
from Green Mountain for my Investarms Hawkens.
I only had one issue and that was with the first
one I ordered.The under barrel rib was about an
1/8" to long which I took care of myself.After that I sent the rib length required and did not
have anyother problems. GM barrels are some great shooters IMHO
snake-eyes:thumbsup:

Roundball Do they still make that 40 flint barrel, if so how can I get one.

metalman said:
Roundball Do they still make that 40 flint barrel, if so how can I get one.
Actually, they don't normally make a Flint version, just caplocks...I paid them a conversion fee to remove/swap breechplugs on a new caplock barrel...contact Kerry Smith at GM (# on website).

With breechplug its 33" and really nice and heavy.
They also make a 38"(39" with plug) which, as heavy as mine already is, I believe would be WAY too heavy with that small bore...and the GM .40s are just incredibly accurate.

Thanks roundball I'll give'm a call.
I have a GM32 in cap and it's a tack driver!

Back