• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED T/C Firesights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Steele

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Had cataract surgery . 74 years old. The only sights I can see at all anymore are the T/C Firesights on a buddy’s T/C Hawken style rifle. The rear sight is marked “ Thompson Center”. Green rear, red front. I understand they are no longer offered by T/C . I’d like to find a set for my T/C flintlock “ Hawken”. If anyone has a set on the shelf they’d let go of, please shoot me a msg.
Thanks.

Also call Williams Gun Sights. They have them specifically for TC and other brands. Very nice products as well!!! Hope this helps, Reds

Thanks for those links. Before I go that way, I’d prefer to see if anyone has the original T/C Firesights sitting on a shelf. If not, I’ll be ordering one of the aftermarket sets.

Definitely understand. I was looking last year and the only rear I found was on flea bay for over 100 bucks could not do it. The ones from Williams were about 1/2 and every bit the same quality. Just put that same color setup on a CVA Mountain Stalker and boy oh boy can you see those sights! Good Luck if I see any in the near future I will reach out! Also saw them on gunbroker before!!!

Definitely understand. I was looking last year and the only rear I found was on flea bay for over 100 bucks could not do it. The ones from Williams were about 1/2 and every bit the same quality. Just put that same color setup on a CVA Mountain Stalker and boy oh boy can you see those sights! Good Luck if I see any in the near future I will reach out! Also saw them on gunbroker before!!!
Appreciate that. I can’t do anything anymore with my totally traditional flintlock longrifles but if firesights work for me on a T/C Hawken style rifle, I might have to revise my thinking.

I put a set of the Williams fiber optics on my CVA Varminter (full size octagon barrel) and she tuned right up for me.

I have been using fiber optic sights for all most 30 years for hunting as they allowed me the hunt earlier and later then iron sights. I found after trying all of the major players sights that Hi-Viz has the brightest sights out there on my Kentucky rifle I installed a set made for a 10-22 ruger I couldn't believe how my shooting improved (pre cataract surgery) then I purchased my first T/C and found a set of their fiber sights their rear sights were made for them by Tru glow (this info came from customer serv. at both companies) when T/C went under (quit making side locks) they continued to make them for a while for the round barrel guns but eventually quit as not enough sales. I have been modifying the Hi-Viz ones to work for a while sometimes by filing the dovetail off and drilling screw holes. they work wonderfully and in my opinion don't cover so much of the target

Had cataract surgery . 74 years old. The only sights I can see at all anymore are the T/C Firesights on a buddy’s T/C Hawken style rifle. The rear sight is marked “ Thompson Center”. Green rear, red front. I understand they are no longer offered by T/C . I’d like to find a set for my T/C flintlock “ Hawken”. If anyone has a set on the shelf they’d let go of, please shoot me a msg.
Thanks.
Midway has them they're actually Williams for tc I just picked up a set couple weeks ago. 👍

Latest posts

Back