• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

squire Boone thomahawk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.C.BINGAMAN

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Been reading on the tomahawk of SQUIRE BOONE it states that the original was a smoking hawk.I like the looks of it and was wondering if any smiths out there is making one similar,I would be interested in a polled version,NOT A SMOKER, the web thingy is showing some but most are stainless.I would like a forged one it don't need to be hafted I will do that.Any takers. AN APPALACHIAN HUNTER

Stainless?
Got a link to some of those?
I mention this because polished cast or forged iro/steel is bright,, but that isn't "stainless" steel

I just did a quick Google image search of "Squire Boone Tomahawk", and right off, I found the names of three smiths that have already made a copy of it (Brian Anderson, C.L. Matteo, and Glen McClain). I'm sure you could search for "hand forged tomahawk" and find a slew of very good axe smiths. ;)

I have yet to get an axe made for myself, but if and when I do, I have a few names on my short list. At the top is Bart Dellinger and Kyle Willyard (Old Dominion Forge). Other well known smiths would be De La Ronde Forge, North River Custom Knives, Beaver Bill, and on and on.

:wink:

I don't know what the SB hawk looks like but you may want to take a look at the Cold Steel Pipe Hawk. It's really a poll axe that looks like a pipe hawk. I'm very happy with mine.

Just looked at a ad for sportsman guide it states 440a stainless, also a ad concerning the BOONE KNIFE COMPANY.I googled SQUIRE BOONE THOMAHAWK,the one at sportsmans guide looked poorly made.still looking.

"Highly polished stainless steel" is code word for stamped in China.

Hammer forged is what you want, I saw a few just doing a quick search

I thought you were wanting a smith to make you one. Ready to go (investment cast) tomahawks are available from any number of dealers like R. E. Davis, track of the wolf, etc.

I am looking to have one made,thanks for the look at Mr. Donalson web site I will send a e-mail with what I am looking for.

Here's my Squire Boon hawk made by C.L. Matteo. Matteo went to the museum and handled, measured and took pictures of the original. His copy is a solid pole. I love this hawk and it has become my favorite of all my hawks. The knife above it is his Spanish Trade knife also copied from an original.

00small19506441.JPG

NWTF LONGHUNTER, You have the hawk I am a wantin,could you tell me how to get in touch with the maker. Been all over the web and the only thing I can come up with is on the CLA makers site but no contact info, Thanks AN APPALACHIAN HUNTER

Back