• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore Picture Thread. Please Post!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20ga Fowler and 20ga pistol by Jackie Brown

Jackie_a_pair2.JPG

Ow!! Leggo my arm! :grin:

Belgian Dragoon, .69 caliber.

Spanish(?) .65 caliber, octagon to round, tapered and flared, with an unusual lock, probably a variant of the miquelet.

Spence

Smoothbore pistols !! One of my favorite subjects. :haha: Well, here are a few more to choose from:
Another Belgium Dragoon to match George's. I firing condition.

SOME MORE.......1690 French Pistol TRS Kit.

1766 French Pistol. TRS Kit.

1728 British Dragoon. Indian gun refinished by Mike Brooks.

1640's English Doglock Pistol. TRS Kit. Built by Mike Brooks. A photo in the latest Muzzle Loader Magazine.

Original Belgium copy of French AN-13 Pistol. Iron vs brass mounts. Barrel liner by Bobby Hoyt.

Murdock Pistol. Indian made. Lock re-worked by Earl Kathan.

Queen Ann Period Pistol. TRS Kit.

Great looking and handling gun,My buddy has the same one but is having a bear of time getting the right flint,seems the geometry is all wrong ,He een went as far to make a new cock for his and its still not right,No Diss love the gun I really do

Always enjoy seeing Tip Curtis built guns! Thanks for sharing that pic! Is that a walnut stocked gun? Greg

Crewdawg445, I HATE you!!! Count your lucky stars and thank God and EVERY saint you can remember for getting such an awesome piece of history for such a lllllloooooowwww price.

I'm filled with envy but just glad that it's in the good hands of someone who can appreciate it.

Barry Geipel said:
My Tip Curtis 20G Dubbs Fowler

FullSizeRender_zpsswkxhhw3.jpg

Barry

Hi Barry, just noticed that you're in Carmel . . I am in Noblesville. . . Small world. . .I may take a look at Tip's rifles in Friendship next month for a smoothbore . . .

Now I can play. :grin:

Here's the specs: .62 caliber, 38" octagon to round, swamped barrel (1.058" --> .793" --> .883"), 54" OAL, right around 7 pounds, Large Siler flint. Reliable, fast ignition, and fits very well. Patterns well with an ounce of 7.5 shot with 60 grains of FFg, and shoots real straight with a .600 ball, .010" patch, and the same 60 grains of FFg. Slick shooter and a real joy to carry!

Latest posts

Back