• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Smoothbore Picture Thread. Please Post!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my son's smoothbore that he got for Christmas. He's 13 and can't wait to shoot it this Spring. It is a 20 gauge Oct to Round with a Kentland lock, that has never been fired. It's got a walnut stock with some very nice carving. . . Had an opportunity to buy it that I couldn't pass up.

IMG_1663_zpsgqck8mx9.jpg

Mac1967 said:
This is my son's smoothbore that he got for Christmas. He's 13 and can't wait to shoot it this Spring. It is a 20 gauge Oct to Round with a Kentland lock, that has never been fired. It's got a walnut stock with some very nice carving. . . Had an opportunity to buy it that I couldn't pass up.

IMG_1663_zpsgqck8mx9.jpg

Gotta say, I really like that wall! :thumbsup: :haha:

Mac, from one Hoosier to another, it's a pity more boys rooms aren't adorned like your boy's room.

There'd be a lot less bad in the world. :hmm:

Good on ya. :thumbsup:

Hope he loves the Gun, Skychief

Thank you ! I comeplely agree - he got his first squirrel, goose and wood duck in this fall of 16 winter of 17. He was excited about each one too. I mounted the wing of His first duck last year on that board.

He spends too much time on his phone screen but we all do ... I'm trying to get him to appreciate God's creation over technology and I think it's starting to connect with him.

spudnut said:
Great looking and handling gun,My buddy has the same one but is having a bear of time getting the right flint,seems the geometry is all wrong ,He een went as far to make a new cock for his and its still not right,No Diss love the gun I really do
It takes really small flints - pistol size actually work. Anything bigger does not work well.

Call it what you will. Elegant fusil, smooth rifle, whatever. 20 bore lefty that was gifted to me by one of my early mentors from way back. Don't know the builder. And yes I shoot it right handed. 😊

Back