• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Simon Says "Do This"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a key chain on my car keys. I consists of a carabiner on a length of paracord which is woven and the end of the paracord is woven around a 1" steel ball. Keeps me from losing my keys!:)
I got a set up just like that. It is amazing what that little ball can do ( as far as keeping yer keys in your pocket that is ) even gave one to my granddaughter she seems to always be losing her car keys. 😂

I’m assuming boot knives require a sheath sewn to the inside of the boot or a sheath on the blade itself, actually I haven’t worn a pair of boot that would conceal a knife since the Fry square toe boots with the leather straps across the instep and around the back of the heel were in fashion. Forget the name of them now.
I wore those as Motorcycle Boots. Even when off my H-D they were recognized as M/C Boots by others. Very Gentlemanly Boots with the straps and rings. Maybe they should have been sold as "Winchester Mod 1866 boots ".

Non fabricated Florida man pickup bed. Just hopped out and took a pic 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 20220329_192414.jpg
    20220329_192414.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 50
A car radio antenna will keep any knife mammal at bay, and slice a piece off now and again, but antennas my be illegal there as well..
If you are in your car never get out. The vehicle gives you a weight advantage of a couple/few thousand pounds. You would not hesitate to use your firearm if you felt in fear of your life. Why would you not use a couple of thousands of pounds of metal on someone who similarly threatens you? With the added benefit that in the right circumstance you can simply drive to the police station/mall/convenience store/hospital?
By knowing my route and thinking ahead I once ran a car full of nasty young punks off the road. I still smile when I remember it.

If you are in your car never get out. The vehicle gives you a weight advantage of a couple/few thousand pounds. You would not hesitate to use your firearm if you felt in fear of your life. Why would you not use a couple of thousands of pounds of metal on someone who similarly threatens you? With the added benefit that in the right circumstance you can simply drive to the police station/mall/convenience store/hospital?
By knowing my route and thinking ahead I once ran a car full of nasty young punks off the road. I still smile when I remember it.
Reminds me of a guy who had extra bright stop lights and a remote button to light them up independent of the regular brake light pedal switch. Saved his bacon many times especially during a road rage incident.

I responded in the situation where you must deal with a crazed felon in the open when you are otherwise unarmed and must improvise…

It's been a long time but the original reminds me of a Will & Fink boot knife I saw in a book on San Fran knives. They were highly regarded makers and the orig would likely have had ivory or pearl handles. Is there any markings you can read in the pics? Very nice job on your repro! Don't know if Hickock ever made it to Califurnia but he could have traded for it or .......

No markings visible.

While the Holiday commemorative is more of a sleeve/boot knife config, most San Francisco Bowies I've seen have a cross guard, like this one I made a few years ago.

Epma0fsl.jpg

Latest posts

Back