• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shotgun questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My choked 10g Peder' was no issue at all! Just several OS cards cut from a punch about .800" (IIRC). They just curl past the chokes :thumbsup:
Wads are for cartridges so they can shut'm!

B.

Britsmoothy said:
Over hyped issue.
I agree, and I believe the reason is that people are afraid a shifted load is a dangerous one, like a round ball separated from the powder. 'Tain't so. If your load shifts the load will be wasted, it will give you a low pressure fooof, but it won't blow you up.

Spence

Golfswithwolves said:
teakmtn said:
I ask about 3f because I have 10+ lbs of 3f and no 2f. And cannot buy BP locally.
government's Hazardous Materials fee to pay for shipping black powder through the mail, but at least you can obtain the powder.
Note no Black Powder can be shipped via the mail.
Hazmat fees are from private company's for printing a paper stating the hazard cost about conservatively $.10 ripping everyone off by 20-25 dollars per shipment.

Government did not make the fee just the shipping companies for more profit. Same as the private company's charging next day air for shipping handguns because of their own employee's thieving the hand gun shipments.

Back