• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping Percussion Revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
010b_1.jpg
nice pocket police❤️

Just talked to an east coast antique gun seller. As a business, he can directly mail an antique handgun to me. But I can’t mail an antique handgun to another individual. As I am not in a business of selling antique firearms. I’m done. You guys that routinely mail black powder handguns might want to keep an attorney on retainer.

He is simply following current regulations, which disallow shipping any kind of handgun, antique or not, via USPS.

The regulations are here: https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_008.htm

No firearms, even antique black powder firearms (or replicas) that meet the definition of a handgun can be shipped via USPS.

There are a few exceptions for certain government employees and license holders, but your average Joe can't ship any kind of handgun through the USPS.
Go back to you own post on this and answer the questions. You are causing CRA_P here that theother 27000 members do not appreciate. Have mailed all types of black powder arms for 30 years and never an issue. GO BACK TO YOUR OWN POST and clean that up before you screw around on others posts. Why you disappear when asked about which soulution center you were checking with when you stared to back track/flip flop???

"SurePost is an economy, residential-bound ground service designed for small, lightweight business-to-consumer (B2C) parcels. This delivery network combines UPS ground trucks and hubs with the local delivery infrastructure of the United States Postal Service (USPS) for last-mile logistics. "

The Remington Navy I received about two weeks ago was shipped by MidwayUSA via this method. So, case closed. They sure as he!! aren't going to risk their multimillion dollar business to ship a Black Powder "Handgun" via illegal ways.

Sounds to me like the OP was just looking to stir the pot by spreading misinformation, but he might oughta back away from the issue.

I had a lengthy discussion with a USPS clerk a year or so ago regarding a CVA rifle kit that I sold to a member here. At first the clerk refused to ship the rifle. I asked to see a supervisor. He looked up the relevant sections of the postal code and concluded it was OK to ship an ANTIQUE weapon. There was no mention of whether or not I was an FFL (I'm not). I am sorry that I did not jot down a reference to the section of the regulations that applied. I had a similar problem with a Canadian dealer that refused to ship a Ruger Old Army barrel (only) to me in Massachusetts. I wrote to BATF and received a letter that it was legal to do so. I suggest you look up the regulations and/or get your own letter as I am not a lawyer and things change and this message does not constitute legal advice.
Talk about courting disaster!
Shipping a gun or gun part between two of the most anti-gun places in North America.
You got lucky.

Just talked to an east coast antique gun seller. As a business, he can directly mail an antique handgun to me. But I can’t mail an antique handgun to another individual. As I am not in a business of selling antique firearms. I’m done. You guys that routinely mail black powder handguns might want to keep an attorney on retainer.

Having a business (even with a business license and sales tax certificate) gives him no more rights or privileges with the USPS or any other shipper than any individual when it comes to mailing anything unless he has an FFL and is shipping FFL items which doesn't apply here. That's, of course, unless he resides in a state that restricts these shipments except between FFL holders but those would be state and/or local laws. The USPS does offer reduced shipping for business if you know where to go on the site.

Reread post #33 by 45D, his local P.O. knows exactly what he receives and ships and they would have busted him long ago if he were in violation. A local P.O. employee afraid of their job, ignorant of the rules or anti-gun may tell you they can't be shipped but that person can't set USPS rules or policy.

I often read folks saying tell them it's parts (of anything) or ladies' under ware or something it isn't. One does not have to tell the P.O. what is in the package nor can they legally ask one the contents beyond whether it contains anything hazardous or not. Others say take it apart and ship it disassembled. That doesn't matter concerning blackpowder guns but do know that the frame, which carries the serial number, is considered by the ATF to be the gun whether it is complete, incomplete or completely stripped. That doesn't concern us here but it would if dealing with anything the ATF defines as a firearm.

I often read folks saying tell them it's parts (of anything) or ladies' under ware or something it isn't.
Oh geeze, I could never tell them at the post office that I was shipping ladies underwear. This is a really small town here man!

Reactions: 45D
Go back to you own post on this and answer the questions. You are causing CRA_P here that theother 27000 members do not appreciate. Have mailed all types of black powder arms for 30 years and never an issue. GO BACK TO YOUR OWN POST and clean that up before you screw around on others posts. Why you disappear when asked about which soulution center you were checking with when you stared to back track/flip flop???
What questions do you want me to answer?

I called the USPS Mailing and Shipping Solution Center.

The bottom line remains this: The USPS considers any gun you can shoot holding in your hand to be a handgun. Antique or otherwise. Handguns are nonmailable except for a few specific exceptions. FFL dealers can mail between each other. C&R holders can mail antique handguns between each other. Government museums can mail handguns between each other. Certain government employees can mail handguns.

Regular citizens cannot mail handguns via USPS. It doesn't matter if they are antique or not (or replicas).

You can read it anyway you want to further Your agenda. Special section on antique stating they are exempt. Carry on. The majority have figured you out.

What questions do you want me to answer?

I called the USPS Mailing and Shipping Solution Center.

The bottom line remains this: The USPS considers any gun you can shoot holding in your hand to be a handgun. Antique or otherwise. Handguns are nonmailable except for a few specific exceptions. FFL dealers can mail between each other. C&R holders can mail antique handguns between each other. Government museums can mail handguns between each other. Certain government employees can mail handguns.

Regular citizens cannot mail handguns via USPS. It doesn't matter if they are antique or not (or replicas).
If I had a dead horse..........this is where I'd beat it.

You can read it anyway you want to further Your agenda. Special section on antique stating they are exempt. Carry on. The majority have figured you out.
I don't have any "agenda". I've shot black powder competitively for over a decade. Just trying to help people not get stiffed on insurance claims.

Anyway, anyone who doubts what I have to say about USPS policy regarding handguns should contact:

Michael Crowell | Mailing Requirements Clerk | Mailing & Shipping Solutions Center |
USPS HQ Business Acceptance Solutions |
( 1-877-672-0007 | * [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back