• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping Percussion Revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last email reply I got from Pietta said they may be starting up production late August or September. this was a few months ago.
I asked Dixie Gunworks the same question and the lady said they expect them before December. They are not taking any back orders and said to keep checking with them.

You might get away with shipping them now…. It just takes ONE gun hating postmaster, or a new regulation , to deprive you of your 2nd amendment rights and your personal freedom in the future. My postmaster said NO handguns, even antiques or replicas, can ship unless between FFL’s. I’m not taking the risk. You do what you want.
Seems like your Postmaster is making his/her own rules and not following their own policy.

You might get away with shipping them now…. It just takes ONE gun hating postmaster, or a new regulation , to deprive you of your 2nd amendment rights and your personal freedom in the future. My postmaster said NO handguns, even antiques or replicas, can ship unless between FFL’s. I’m not taking the risk. You do what you want.
YOUR POSTMASTER IS AN IDIOT.

He is simply following current regulations, which disallow shipping any kind of handgun, antique or not, via USPS.

The regulations are here: https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_008.htm

No firearms, even antique black powder firearms (or replicas) that meet the definition of a handgun can be shipped via USPS.

There are a few exceptions for certain government employees and license holders, but your average Joe can't ship any kind of handgun through the USPS.

He is simply following current regulations, which disallow shipping any kind of handgun, antique or not, via USPS.

The regulations are here: https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_008.htm

No firearms, even antique black powder firearms (or replicas) that meet the definition of a handgun can be shipped via USPS.

There are a few exceptions for certain government employees and license holders, but your average Joe can't ship any kind of handgun through the USPS.
A black powder revolver is NOT a handgun.

For God's sake, read the ATF regulations.

A black powder revolver is NOT a handgun.

For God's sake, read the ATF regulations.
ATF regulations are not relevant here.

USPS regulations are relevant here.

According to the USPS regulations, any kind of handgun - even black powder ones - cannot be shipped.

A black powder revolver is a handgun per USPS definitions.

1691514841160.png

ATF regs have NOTHING to do with the Post Office. My postmaster is the most pro gun person I’ve met. He also said , yes, you can plead ignorance and say “ I didn’t know the regulations had changed!” And you will be off the hook - for now. That may change….. enjoy your large fine, and possibly prison.

ATF regulations are not relevant here.

USPS regulations are relevant here.

According to the USPS regulations, any kind of handgun - even black powder ones - cannot be shipped.

A black powder revolver is a handgun per USPS definitions.

View attachment 243334
MODERN.........HANDGUNS!!!!!!!!!

MODERN........CARTRIDGE........HANDGUNS!!!!!!!!!!

That position with Moms Demand Action is still available.

Last edited:
ATF regs have NOTHING to do with the Post Office. My postmaster is the most pro gun person I’ve met. He also said , yes, you can plead ignorance and say “ I didn’t know the regulations had changed!” And you will be off the hook - for now. That may change….. enjoy your large fine, and possibly prison.

Why does this keep coming up?

You don't want to ship black powder revolvers via USPS.......fine.

Let the rest of us, all 99.99999% of us, ship black powder revolvers via the USPS.

Last edited:
Guys- I’ve said it before. Flood your representatives with info on this nonsense. This is just a way to deprive honest people of their rights. And attempt a back door gun registration list.

Exactly. ATF regulations are not USPS regulations.

• Haha
Reactions: GYJ
Guys- I’ve said it before. Flood your representatives with info on this nonsense. This is just a way to deprive honest people of their rights. And attempt a back door gun registration list.
Exactly. What they are trying to do is make it so hard to ship a "firearm" anywhere that nobody will do it.

It also applies to "antique firearms meeting the definition of a handgun."

View attachment 243335
Antique CARTRIDGE handguns.

AKA: An ANTIQUE 1873 Colt's revolver that takes .45 Long Colt cartridges that can be purchased at Bass Pro.

Antique is its own class.

Black Powder is its own class.

I'm done.

Before I get banned.

Last edited:
I believe this all started a few years back. I watched a major network news show and the lady reported was horrified that “guns” were being sold with no background checks. They panned the camera to a table of- cap and ball revolvers!! And I’m sure one of our idiot vote suckers was watching…..

Antique CARTRIDGE handguns.

Antique is its own class.

Black Powder is its own class.

I'm done.

Before I get banned.
1691515617879.png

But it doesn't matter if it is an "antique" handgun or a modern handgun. All handguns are barred from shipping by USPS. "Antique" firearms are explicitly said to be firearms if they meet the description of a handgun.

1691515723122.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back