• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping Percussion Revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When the Spiller & Burrs are back in stock, I'd like to get one then ship to Lodgewood for de-farb. What shipping company are you guys using that isn't hostile to shipping a black powder, cap-n-ball revolver?

I gave my Spiller & Burr to my Son a year or two ago. Then he sent it to Lodgewood. He says he sent it from a UPS store but had it well wrapped so you couldn’t tell what it was before boxing. He had no problems with shipping or receiving, but that was a while ago. I’d advise talking to Lodgewood when you have yours and get their take on the best at that time. They do really nice work.

Thought I had a photo of it on my phone but I don’t. But I’ve posted one or two previously.

Sorry to drift off topic, but I messaged Pietta to ask if and when the Spiller and Burr would be in production again but got no response. I think I'll try again, maybe if they are asked enough, they will get it going again!

Sorry to drift off topic, but I messaged Pietta to ask if and when the Spiller and Burr would be in production again but got no response. I think I'll try again, maybe if they are asked enough, they will get it going again!
It’s a shame they stopped production, it’s a handy sized revolver, lots of history, and shoots pretty good too.

I don't think Pietta plans on making any Spiller & Burrs anytime soon , but I hope they do

They just did a run of 12" .44 Navies after a long time so maybe they're getting around to filling some backlogged orders

Do a search for, lots of information there:

SHIPPING MUZZLELOADERS​

USPS works the best but you have no coverage if lost or stolen. Postal regs changed and they require any handgun, including muzzleloaders be shipped by FFL.

I gave my Spiller & Burr to my Son a year or two ago. Then he sent it to Lodgewood. He says he sent it from a UPS store but had it well wrapped so you couldn’t tell what it was before boxing. He had no problems with shipping or receiving, but that was a while ago. I’d advise talking to Lodgewood when you have yours and get their take on the best at that time. They do really nice work.

Thought I had a photo of it on my phone but I don’t. But I’ve posted one or two previously.
Thank you!

Reactions: TDM
Midway and Dixie are dealers and should have an FFL so they can send USPS. We can't legally because we don't have an FFL. As Columbus said in post #12 if something happens to the package we are out of luck with no recourse even if we get insurance. Just because someone sends it to you by USPS and it gets to you doesn't mean it's legal.

I had a lengthy discussion with a USPS clerk a year or so ago regarding a CVA rifle kit that I sold to a member here. At first the clerk refused to ship the rifle. I asked to see a supervisor. He looked up the relevant sections of the postal code and concluded it was OK to ship an ANTIQUE weapon. There was no mention of whether or not I was an FFL (I'm not). I am sorry that I did not jot down a reference to the section of the regulations that applied. I had a similar problem with a Canadian dealer that refused to ship a Ruger Old Army barrel (only) to me in Massachusetts. I wrote to BATF and received a letter that it was legal to do so. I suggest you look up the regulations and/or get your own letter as I am not a lawyer and things change and this message does not constitute legal advice.

I recently sold a Remington Texas brass model. I got an app that supplies stamps and postage labels for packages. I bubble-warpped the revolver and, I think, double boxed it. Put the postage label with cost on the box; dropped it at the USPS drop box. Buyer got it in 6 days. My understanding of the rules from following this for 4 years is that muzzleloaders are not unmentionables. But you need to understand state laws. I could not do that send to the Northeast. I also followed the same process in selling 3 cylinders. I will definitely remove cylinder from frame when packaging if I sell again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back