• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Selling antique muzzleloader in Western NY. Do I need to go through a dealer? About how much should I be asking for? Gun details in thread.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hessney Auctions in Geneva NY (online) is a very reputable auction house that has many firearm auctions. I have done very well using them. They will take pictures of your rifle and post them online, selling to the high bidder...Especially if you arent sure on money or how to go about, they are an FFL and will get best market price. You might try giving them a call. You can also go online to their past auctions and see if you can find a similar rifle and what it went for.
When I was looking to downsize my collection (mainly centerfire, some BP) they greatly simplified the process and I was very pleased with the results....but they are never guaranteed!

If this does not convince everyone that so called gun control laws are not about stopping crime I wonder if total gun confication will.
No, it will only generate a population of weak liberal sheep. Study history and you will find your answer.

Unfortunately, that policy will not work. Big Brother fears people like us more than they fear guns in our hands. If they ever get their way, they would be happy to round us up and eliminate us from the face of the earth. Ironically, they would use guns to subdue us. This proves that they actually like guns. They just don't want guns in the hands of those they wish to subdue. That was the attitude the Nazi's had against the Jewish people in WWII.
Apparently they don't fear us that much, they closed this Country down, mandatory masks in stores and medical facilities, locked down half the Country in their homes, suspended church service, and on and on and that was just a trial run.

Under the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, any cartridge firearm made in or before 1898 ("pre-1899") is classified as an "antique", and is generally outside of Federal jurisdiction, as administered and enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

That being said, state and local laws can be more restrictive. As mentioned before, it may not hurt to check locally.

I live in Illinois and we have some very strick gun laws due to idiots in Chicago (thugs and politicians). Your gun being made before 1898 can be shipped person to person with no dealer required in Illinois.

Locally, Dealers charge $30 as a handling fee in addition to packaging and shipping cost.
You mention "thugs and politicians." Are they often one and the same?

You mention "thugs and politicians." Are they often one and the same?

It can be difficult to tell the difference once at full maturity. In the infant / young stages of life there can be subtle differences.

Typically the politicians are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Having become highly educated in there youth, so much so they cast God aside and can no longer distinguish between a man and a woman so they give in to greed and perversion.

The Thug having never heard of God gives in to the most basic instincts of greed at a much earlier age. The perversion comes later in life while in prison where it is acceptable to mate with another (usually weaker) male due to the lack of female companionship.

So yeah, often one and the same. Above the law with no one to answer too...not their creator or those who pay their wages such as us the taxpayers.

Under the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, any cartridge firearm made in or before 1898 ("pre-1899") is classified as an "antique", and is generally outside of Federal jurisdiction, as administered and enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

That being said, state and local laws can be more restrictive. As mentioned before, it may not hurt to check locally.

I live in Illinois and we have some very strick gun laws due to idiots in Chicago (thugs and politicians). Your gun being made before 1898 can be shipped person to person with no dealer required in Illinois.

Locally, Dealers charge $30 as a handling fee in addition to packaging and shipping cost.
thugs and politicians in Chicago? Sir you repeat your self.

Back